BMW and M Power Owners

Caporegime
Soldato
Yeah as said, mirror is on the door handle. The other item to watch out for once you're testing them in person is heated steering wheel which is a button on the right hand side of the steering column. This wasn't on ads for mine, a pleasant surprise. There's 3 different audio packs too and they aren't always labelled correctly - if you have a sub behind each seat you have at least the upgraded setup and the top set has an additional central rear speaker too (it will be between the seats in alignment). It has more than that (bigger amp i think?) but that's the easiest way to work out which set you have.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Surely the best way of checking specification is by entering the last seven digits of the VIN into a vin-deciding site? :p

Soldato
OP
Here's a pic of my recently acquired M3 CS. I have normal front indicators and a few other bits to fit at the weekend. I'm also looking at new springs as the Tein ones fitted are too low and too firm for my liking. Car is running ok at the moment after being serviced last week, but is running a little rough. The garage thinks it may be the plugs so it's going back shortly to get that sorted, plus the CPV o ring oil leak and chain tensioner leak fixed. Also the hand brake shoes need adjusting. I have a ridiculously long list of things to do, most of which have been done, but I have to admit I'm really enjoying doing a lot of the work myself.

Caporegime
Yeah as said, mirror is on the door handle. The other item to watch out for once you're testing them in person is heated steering wheel which is a button on the right hand side of the steering column. This wasn't on ads for mine, a pleasant surprise. There's 3 different audio packs too and they aren't always labelled correctly - if you have a sub behind each seat you have at least the upgraded setup and the top set has an additional central rear speaker too (it will be between the seats in alignment). It has more than that (bigger amp i think?) but that's the easiest way to work out which set you have.

Cheers, that's very helpful.

Just for info, what are the 3 sound systems levels called respectively?

alx

alx

Soldato
It seems a lot of these adverts don't state the full spec of the car, can you tell if the car has heated seats and heated mirrors by the look of buttons on the dash?

For example, this one doesn't say it has heated seats but correct me if i am wrong, the furthest left and right buttons are the heated seats buttons? And is there a chart or something to show what all the buttons are?

gXi8NJM.jpg

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201504242886759/usedcars?logcode=visc

Raymond, use the BMW Warranty website to enter the reg and you'll get the VIN. Then enter the last 7 digits of the VIN into www.bmwvin.com and you get the spec :)

http://www.bmwvin.com/?vin=E159202&...-NWXHxqQ-l-gnkaQ&recaptcha_response_field=200

Seems to show it has heated seats :)

I think the loundspeaker systems are standard, advanced and professional (at least that's what is shown on the latest options brochures).

Last edited:
Associate
Returned a 2015 bmw 330d msport hire car after having it for a week ( my car was in for a no fault repair as someone reversed into me) Love the engine , well suited to the car , pulls and pulls with the twin turbo, interior is a bit meh :p. The other half said it feels smoother than the f10 , which i agree but it is a new car ...certainly isnt as refined inside as the f10.

Glad to be back in my mile muncher , even though it hasnt got as much punch :p:D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom