BMW and M Power Owners

Associate
Returned a 2015 bmw 330d msport hire car after having it for a week ( my car was in for a no fault repair as someone reversed into me) Love the engine , well suited to the car , pulls and pulls with the twin turbo, interior is a bit meh :p. The other half said it feels smoother than the f10 , which i agree but it is a new car ...certainly isnt as refined inside as the f10.

Glad to be back in my mile muncher , even though it hasnt got as much punch :p:D

Single turbo on 330d.

Man of Honour
Having driven both F30 and F10 quite a bit I find the interior a massive let down in the F30. It ruins the car for me - it's a big 1 Series now whereas typically the 3 Series always felt like a small 5 Series. The F10 interior is much nicer, feels much more 'finished' and has much less dodgy plastics.

No idea how an F30 would feel 'smoother' than an F10 when mechanically they are the same cars, though - the F10 should be smoother as it has the same engine, same gearbox but larger profile tyres and more refinement.

I honestly wish it wasn't true as the F30 is MUCH better value for money than the F10 and I'd have been able to get a newer car for my budget, but I tried very hard to convince myself to like it but it just isn't as good :(

Caporegime
Raymond, use the BMW Warranty website to enter the reg and you'll get the VIN. Then enter the last 7 digits of the VIN into www.bmwvin.com and you get the spec :)

http://www.bmwvin.com/?vin=E159202&...-NWXHxqQ-l-gnkaQ&recaptcha_response_field=200

Seems to show it has heated seats :)

I think the loundspeaker systems are standard, advanced and professional (at least that's what is shown on the latest options brochures).

That is awesome, thanks !!!

Tried it with one, got this. It says Nav Professional, I take it that also means the Professional media package with upgraded audio?

I was watching a YouTube video, and it says the Professional package comes with 6 Disc CD/DVD player in the glove compartment, is that right?

VMbv3H6.png

Associate
Any thoughts on the new 7?

A tad underwhelmed if you ask me. The 'standard' model looks a bit flat and the M Sport a touch too aggressive. Also don't quite get the hockey sticks at the sides.

Wouldn't trade my GC for it and would pick the S Class if i were looking in that segment.

Caporegime
No.

The Pro Nav doesn't necessarily come with enhanced audio or a 6 disc changer. That car has the wiring for the changer though.

What is the technical term for that option, or better still, the code in that list, should I come across it?

Is it listed as separate under Enhanced Audio and 6 Disc Changer or there a catch all single name for that upgrade?

Soldato
What is the technical term for that option, or better still, the code in that list, should I come across it?

Is it listed as separate under Enhanced Audio and 6 Disc Changer or there a catch all single name for that upgrade?

Everything will be listed separately. For example, my HK audio upgrade is listed as:

688 HARMAN/KARDON SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM

I don't have the 6 disc, so couldn't tell you the code for that.

Soldato
Another pic of the X6. DIVERT YOUR EYES IF YOU ARE MASSIVELY OFFENDED BY IT AND HAVE TO RAGE / HATE FOR THE REST OF THE DAY haha!

Darkline LED rear lights fitted, picked these up at a great price compared to BMW retail's price. The original rear lights were extremely bright red by comparison, these are tinted, look much more in fitting with the colour and style of the vehicle IMO. Also matches the red reflector in the rear bumper now - where as the original lights didn't oddly enough.

alx

alx

Soldato
Soldato
I have the mid-system (so without the mid tweeter) and it's down as:

676 HIFI LOUDSPEAKER SYSTEM

Looking at Real OEM it looks like 677 is the top system, check item 6 here. http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=LM72-EUR-12-2009-E89-BMW-Z4_35i&diagId=65_1945 . Looks like 677 gets chunky active cooled amp and a extra speaker / different arrangement just behind the iDrive display. Test this with the roof down, I didn't think too much of the default with the windows down and couldn't find a decent example when i was buying a while ago with the full so made a compromise.

Caporegime
Everything will be listed separately. For example, my HK audio upgrade is listed as:

688 HARMAN/KARDON SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM

I don't have the 6 disc, so couldn't tell you the code for that.

This.

I've picked a random car, but if you look at this Z4 spec about 2/3rds of the way down it shows it has the professional sound system (663 RADIO BMW PROFESSIONAL).

http://www.bmwvin.com/?vin=E355810&...szCXxyVQ7_TOc_Q&recaptcha_response_field=2400

I have the mid-system (so without the mid tweeter) and it's down as:

676 HIFI LOUDSPEAKER SYSTEM

Looking at Real OEM it looks like 677 is the top system, check item 6 here. http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=LM72-EUR-12-2009-E89-BMW-Z4_35i&diagId=65_1945 . Looks like 677 gets chunky active cooled amp and a extra speaker / different arrangement just behind the iDrive display. Test this with the roof down, I didn't think too much of the default with the windows down and couldn't find a decent example when i was buying a while ago with the full so made a compromise.

So any of these will have the mid level sound system? 663, 688 and 676? Or does 676 automatically means 688 speakers?

Basically want to narrow it down so that if I spot one of these then I know 100% it is the mid range speakers.

Man of Honour
So any of these will have the mid level sound system? 663, 688 and 676? Or does 676 automatically means 688 speakers?

Basically want to narrow it down so that if I spot one of these then I know 100% it is the mid range speakers.

I wouldn't get that bothered about it really, it isn't something to reject or pick a car over. Focus on core options and anything else is a bonus.

Caporegime
Yeah I know, the sound system will be a bonus and better than what I have now purely due to better sound insulation if anything else.

I'm tempted to go get one this month but would like to get over the busy season before getting a car that I'm not 100% sure on reliability.

That one with the options listed above is perfect although in manual, not auto.

How good is the auto box on the E89, the one without the dual clutch. Whatever it's called.

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Thinking of a 335d on a two year personal lease. 3 months down and then 400 a month for 12500 PA including road tax.

Seem like a reasonable deal? It's barely anything over and above a 320d...

Back
Top Bottom