Laptop to play old games on ,what spec shall i go for ?

Associate
hi, ive been looking at getting a laptop to play some older games on and try to get back into pc gaming too,
currently my laptop is
pentium dual core CPU 2.10 , 4gb ram , onboard graphics , intel 4 series chipset

if i was to play some older games such as command & conquer and games from steam and sites like GOG , what kind of laptop with be suitable for me?
i take it i would need dedicated graphics instead of board ?,

im also thinking of maybe scrapping the laptop and getting a full system instead so i will put a post up in the OcUK Full Systems & Bundles section too ,

Associate
What's your budget? I'd image in the IGP on most modern cpus would be fine for older games like that, I wouldn't personally opt for anything less than an i3.

The thing I'd be worried about is you getting back into gaming and wanting more, but having just dropped £££s on a laptop your stuck not being able to upgrade.

You'll certainly get more for your money out of a desktop and the option to upgrade if you wish.

Soldato
What's compatibility like for Intel graphics with older games?

Personally, I would try to find something with an AMD APU in it. An A-8 or A-10 would give enough grunt to play most stuff pre-2013 (albeit with reduced settings for the more demanding titles)

The AMDs have significantly more powerful onboard graphics, compared with Intel, trading off against weaker performance CPU-side. Better, overall, for gaming.

Back
Top Bottom