*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S6/Edge Thread ***

Associate
The slippy thing worries me as well. I'm taking it to Cornwall in September where I will be using it as a camera. Out and about using it all the time, I can see it hitting the floor without a better grip on it.

Mine gets pretty warm as well. Is that normal?

For what it's worth, I can recommend the following Nillkin case:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nillkin-F...t=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item5673988521

Nice textured back, very, very slim, and it looks fantastic. Only £5.50 delivered too.

Soldato
Flippin heck, that thing looks fantastic.
Am I right in saying it has a built in battery so it can charge your phone (albeit via a cable) when it's not even plugged in? And it can also charge two phones at the same time (one wirelessly and one with a cable)?

Great value for 15. Might stick a camelcamelcamel pricewatch on it.

It can charge without a cable even when not plugged in and do all the other stuff you say too.

Associate
It can charge without a cable even when not plugged in and do all the other stuff you say too.

That's impressive. I've just ordered a wireless charger for 9.99 (a copy of the official samsung charger), but its functionality is looking a but limited now!

Soldato
I'm thinking of purchasing a quickcharge 2.0 compatible charger for my car, I've read that quick charging only works whilst the screen is off, and I'm wondering whether quick charge will work whilst I'm playing music on the phone but the screen off?

Soldato
I'm thinking of purchasing a quickcharge 2.0 compatible charger for my car, I've read that quick charging only works whilst the screen is off, and I'm wondering whether quick charge will work whilst I'm playing music on the phone but the screen off?

Yes it'll charge fine, but will get hotter than usual.

I personally wouldn't do it as any extra heat can't be good for the battery, and with it being a sealed unit and all. I only use quick charge when I really have to.

Last edited:
Associate
Does anyone else's S6 loose compass calibration all of the time? It happens everytime I turn on/off the phone.

I'm guessing this is not a hardware fault as it seems to be a widespread problem but I can't seem to find a fix for this.

Anyone else get this and found a fix?

Associate
Does anyone else's S6 loose compass calibration all of the time? It happens everytime I turn on/off the phone.

I'm guessing this is not a hardware fault as it seems to be a widespread problem but I can't seem to find a fix for this.

Anyone else get this and found a fix?

Hope this is not a stupid question, but how does this problem manifest itself for you? I have notice that the arrow in my google maps is sometimes a bit off.

Associate
Yeah google maps is how I noticed the problem. The direction is normally about 45 degrees off.

If I go into the service menu by dialing *#0*# and then go into sensor, I can see instead of showing a health blue arrow with a 3, it shows a red arrow with 0 meaning it has lost calibration on all three axis.

I can easily recalibrate it by waving my phone around in the air like a nutter, but it's not really practicle for a £600 phone.

I used to have a £100 galaxy ace and this never happend with it.

Permabanned
Any way to stop it from showing "All Contacts" in the text message contacts window?

If I go into Phone contacts... I only see the contacts I have manually added... I change groups etc and I seem to get things where I put them.

When I go to add contacts to a text message... I only get the option of "All Contacts" or "Group"... as in, select the whole group to send a mass text message to that group...

With all contacts selected, I get every email address I have ever been in contact with in the list and it's a nightmare to sort through when I only have about 40-50 phone contacts.

Any way to stop this crap? I don't even want these email addresses stored on my phone.

It's something that drove me away from Android a few years ago and I see it's still being stupid... at least it hasn't synced facebook contacts too this time, lol...

I'm probably missing something obvious...

It automatically lists favourite contacts at the top... but I don't want to add all phone contacts as favorites just to get them available to me.

Caporegime
Question about heat guys. How hot does the unit get when using generally?

I literally picked mine up, browsed around it a bit, and then record a 20 second HD video. It felt warm quickly and cpu-z was reading the CPU temp at 51C.

After playing racing rivals for about half an hour this morning, it get pretty warm indeed, to the point where it felt slightly uncomfy to make a call on it.

Is this normal or does it sound like I have a defective unit?

Last edited:
Soldato
So I'm just about done on my first full charge of my S6 Edge and it's went well so far, the screen is lovely, everything performs well and I can really see myself loving this phone for a long time!

I'm approaching 4hrs of SOT with Bluetooth, WiFi and 4G enabled all day from 6:20am...I take it this would be about right? Will certainly get more mileage out of this over the M9.

Soldato
Did it just settle down? Wondering if I need to do anything specific when mine gets here tomorrow?

No, I had to reset phone and disable and reinstall Google play services as it was killing battery. I stopped location history as well.

I couldn't barely get a couple of hours sot out the thing.

Back
Top Bottom