BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Yeah it's sub 60k. I've had the value of the warranty in parts (not hard considering the cost of light pods I've gone through) / mark down of non-warranty bits up to now and the peace of mind is just great. BMW swindon are pretty good tbh as well. I'm not saying the warranty is a good idea for everyone but for many in a similar situation I would highly recommend it. BMW swindon implied (for the second time in a non-warranty case) that because I had the warranty, BMW UK were willing to go 60% in on the parts & labour. I'm not entirely sure if this is true, I guess I'll never know but if this is common then it probably makes an even better case.

Soldato
So glad I have the extended warranty on my E92. Went in for just a flat battery and they diagnosed and will fix under warranty;

Blocked crank case breather which has leaked oil onto the inlet manifold and glowplug control unit. Will all be replaced. (£1-1.5k)
Faulty DSC Hydro Unit (£2-2.5k)

And a few other little (comparatively) bits like a leaking washer fluid bottle/headlight nozzle and the headlight wiring has rubbed through in one spot, which i was not aware of.

So approaching £4k worth of work for this one visit and I've already had £2-3ks worth of work done previously.

Speaking of the BMW warranty...turns out the final bill to BMW Warranty was just under £9k for this little lot.... sure do like to inflate the prices!

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Can't believe the new facelift 335D still comes with halogens as standard :(

LED running lights, LED fogs front and rear, and halogen headlamps.

UGH

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Found a really good Z4

s35i
DCT gearbox
Adaptive suspension
Leather seats
In blue (forum favourite), white leather
Electric memory seats
Nav
USB
18" Alloys
47k miles
£18,000

A month too early !!!
Get it anyway? Or put down a deposit to hold it for a few weeks?

Caporegime
Get it anyway? Or put down a deposit to hold it for a few weeks?

That would require me taking out a bigger loan than I would like, but I guess that only require me finding a loan with minimal early settlement penalty.

The earliest I can go is Sunday...hope it's still there. I can arrange the loan over the phone I guess on Friday.

Soldato
If you pay an amount back immediately you will pay next to nothing for the privilege on that portion.

What you might not get is any kind of monthly sum reduction, but the term will obviously come down

Last edited:
Associate
I'm running ~15psi of boost on the 335i now and it is rather rapid. Does anyone know roughly when the next OCUK rolling road day will be? It would be good to know what it's producing before I carry on modding.

Soldato
OP
I sold my 35i M Sport with 38k on the clock, with BMW warranty for £17.5k, similar spec but mine didn't have adaptive suspension. £18k for that is an ok price. Struggled to sell it for months. Lesson learned, don't try and sell a convertible during the winter months. I panicked because we were moving house and I thought I needed the money, but it turned out we didn't :(

Caporegime
I sold my 35i M Sport with 38k on the clock, with BMW warranty for £17.5k, similar spec but mine didn't have adaptive suspension. £18k for that is an ok price. Struggled to sell it for months. Lesson learned, don't try and sell a convertible during the winter months. I panicked because we were moving house and I thought I needed the money, but it turned out we didn't :(

How long ago?

I hope you are right, I really ought to stick to my plan to get the car after the summer, both because I have lots more jobs around the country to do so easier on fuel, known car reliability wise, financially better position and also hopefully cheaper as the summer will be over.

Soldato
It's the risk you take. If they spot the map and you've had injector or hpfp failure (I had both on my old 335) which are not uncommon then I wouldn't be surprised if they play hard ball on warranty claims (assuming you have one).

Also depends on the 335 we're talking about as I'm referring to the n54 not sure how bad the n55 was in comparison.

Soldato
OP
How long ago?

I hope you are right, I really ought to stick to my plan to get the car after the summer, both because I have lots more jobs around the country to do so easier on fuel, known car reliability wise, financially better position and also hopefully cheaper as the summer will be over.

January. My advice is buy after summer. Prices do fluctuate on these during summer months and go down significantly during winter, despite what anyone tells you, I've got first hand experience!

Soldato
How long ago?

My nephew just bought an E89 3.0 manual sport. It's a glorious car, especially the noise with the top down.

Not a great pic, but it's the only one I have.

VKiGR37.png

Last edited:
Man of Honour
How well does the 335i respond to tuning in terms of reliability, obviously with the turbos I'd imagine these would remap brilliantly, but is the engine a ticking time Bomb after?

No, because it's a ticking time bomb before anyway, so it makes no odds, it just stops you being able to rely on your warranty :D

alx

alx

Soldato
January. My advice is buy after summer. Prices do fluctuate on these during summer months and go down significantly during winter, despite what anyone tells you, I've got first hand experience!

Good to know, will hopefully be looking for a Z4 around September/October time. I know it's Autumn but Scottish Autumn = English Winter :p:D

Back
Top Bottom