What did you do to your bike today?

Associate
Blimey that's frightening happening on a motorway. Statistically the safest place to travel, but when **** happens.. :(

Glad you're ok though that's the main thing. I know two people who had similar separate accidents, one lost his leg below the knee, the other died.

Soldato
I rode A1-A14 from grantham to cambridge for work last week, its not something I would consider doing every day.
Everybody has a death wish commuting, and its nothing to do with speed, you can see people not looking as they change lanes, going for gaps you know they are not going to make etc.

I was filtering between two lorries when the one on the left jut threw his drivers door open in front of me so he could lean out and see what the hold up was.

So anyone who does it every day has my sympathy.

Caporegime
Well they've offered a hire bike at their risk (I don't have it on my cover) as they think they'll get the cost from him..

They offered a bandit 1250 do far but asked for something with a fairing and they said they'll have different bikes by Saturday (I'm not home till monday)

But it's been over 30 hours now and I can't sleep I just keep seeing that truck and hearing that noise the plastic/metal scraping noise.

V F

V F

Soldato
Went for a ride, picked up some low beam H11 bulbs to match the LED running lights white colour as the stock is very orange and the 899 doesn't get full LED headlights.

8nueyvi.jpg

Then used my new Swissvax Opaque cleaner and wax on the paint, very nice results but hard to get a picture of the silkiness of it.

r8HK7T6.jpg

jJl26n1.jpg

After taking these pictures I fit a new plate with No More Nails red tape, looks really smart without screws, just hope it holds!

Still waiting on passenger seat cowl and oversized screen to come in, Italians :rolleyes: and still wish it had a single sided swingarm! :D

That is one stylistic bike! Do you get a lot of glances at the traffic lights?

Associate
Well they've offered a hire bike at their risk (I don't have it on my cover) as they think they'll get the cost from him..

They offered a bandit 1250 do far but asked for something with a fairing and they said they'll have different bikes by Saturday (I'm not home till monday)

But it's been over 30 hours now and I can't sleep I just keep seeing that truck and hearing that noise the plastic/metal scraping noise.

The crash will go through your mind quite a bit to start with, especially with such a hair raising moment as you had with the lorry. Your mind will work through it though and the thoughts will stop, it's only natural. You might also find that once you get a hire bike and go out for a gentle fun ride to your local favourite cafe, pub or beauty spot that it overwrites that last memory of riding a bit. You may just need to get back out there and replace the memory with something new!

Back
Top Bottom