On Vodafone? Then cancel your contract without a penalty.

Soldato
I'm confused, does this mean I can cancel a Vodafone contract? My younger sister is on one that I pay for and it's cost me an arm and a leg as they don't cap data. Would love to get out of it!

Soldato
I can't see how it makes any sense for companies to do this?? Surely they'll lose millions if people can just cancel and keep the phone?

Why don't they make the contract changes for all new contracts and make people change to the new contract once their current contract ends?

Soldato
Link states they only need to give you 1 month notice, so as these changes are 10 August surely they've given everyone plenty of notice?

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/complain/phone-and-broadband-complaints/contracts/

Or is it more the fact mentioned in the below quote that gives you the chance to cancel, despite them giving plenty of notice/time before changes are to be made?

this may mean your monthly bills increase by more than the Retail Price Index of 0.9%

EDIT: Some info from voda live chat

This is only for business customers and for consumers we are not increasing the cost of your contract it will remain the same.

your line rental will be the same, and yes if you exceed your allowance you will be charged according to the new rates.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why don't they make the contract changes for all new contracts and make people change to the new contract once their current contract ends?
This sounds basic but that would be monumentally hard to bill correctly for most networks :) IIRC this is basically being done by all networks as they have to put into place the new termination charges for 08x numbers so they might as well do a complete round of the other number groupings too as the 08x has such a large effect anyway.

The voda chat is just repeating what the link says tbh, it says "we are doing this for all customers, it's a change to out of bundle charges, not rental" in fancy pre scripted messages. I concur on the write to them suggestion.

Soldato
well ive just spoken to them on the live chat.

voda.png

Soldato
I've got a Vodafone business contract. I haven't received any communication from Vodafone. I have in the past gone over my inclusive minutes but when I noticed how much I moved to a tariff with unlimited minutes.

I'd love to be able to exit this contract early - and others on my account if possible.

Soldato
Dear Voda,

As outlined at http://www.vodafone.co.uk/campaigns/excess-charges/out-of-bundle-5b/ i wish to end my agreement with Vodafone without charge. I wish for this to be done ASAP/On date x with min 30 days notice. Please notify me with a confirmation of this request and inform me of any actions that are outstanding on my side.

kiss kiss Skaif.

I've sent mines off today, will be interested to see if I'm successful in ending my contract. I did receive the text around this so I should be fine.

Soldato
Sent mine off too, got a text yesterday with the relevant link on it so hopefully I'll get cancelled. Requested a PAC code so I can find a nice cheap SIM only deal and keep my number :)

Let's see if they now try and wriggle their way out of it,I tried cancelling by phone and they were having none of it and said I would have to send a letter. A technology company in 2015!! :rolleyes:

Caporegime
Dear Voda,

As outlined at http://www.vodafone.co.uk/campaigns/excess-charges/out-of-bundle-5b/ i wish to end my agreement with Vodafone without charge. I wish for this to be done ASAP/On date x with min 30 days notice. Please notify me with a confirmation of this request and inform me of any actions that are outstanding on my side.

kiss kiss Skaif.

Is it literally that simple? My wife and I run into bills of £150 every month on Vodafone so being able to scrap that and go sim only with no ability to do things which cost extra money would be great.

Soldato
There's a good template on the Hotukdeals thread (http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/leav...rly-no-fee-keep-phone-2231024?page=2#comments)

Your Name
Your Address
Town
County
Post Code

Date

Vodafone Limited
The Connection
Newbury
Berkshire
RG14 2FN

To whom it may concern,

Out-of-bundle call charges – from 10 August 2015
Mobile number – XXXXXXXXXX

I am writing to you following a text message I received from Vodafone informing me that from 10th August 2015, Vodafone will be increasing the price I pay for some calls. I was directed to the Vodafone website that showed me the increases that will be coming into effect.

As these changes will increase my monthly bill by more than the retail price index (RPI 0.9%) I would like to exercise my right to end my agreement with Vodafone with no charge.

I should be grateful if you could please confirm to me in writing that my agreement with Vodafone will come to an end before the 10th August. Upon receiving this confirmation I shall call customer services and request a PAC code.

Please feel free to email confirmation to YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS or should you require any further details from me, please call me.

Kind regards

Soldato
Is it literally that simple? My wife and I run into bills of £150 every month on Vodafone so being able to scrap that and go sim only with no ability to do things which cost extra money would be great.

Red 4G deals are unlimited text/calls, all modern smart phones have data limit systems you can setup within 30s. Call them, even if you don't do this, just switch up tariff and stop doing this please. For your wallets sake.

Call them chanjy and get it sorted out, consider that they may take payment automatically and you may need to block that :(

Back
Top Bottom