**** Sony Xperia Z3 ****

Soldato
SD cards are slow too, nothing you can buy will compare to the modern inbuilt storage of most phones which get 150mb+ reads pretty easily. I would agree with Monkey that anything highend in 2015 should start with 32gb.

Associate
I picked up one of these new in Hong Kong for the equivalent of just over £250. I ended up with a Japanese docomo branded phone, but after flashing with generic UK firmware everything seems to work bar NFC, which I can live without.
Very happy with it so far, and coming from a Nexus 5 it's nice not having to worry about recharging at every available opportunity.

Soldato
Have you given it a hard reset since doing the update? It will benefit greatly as 5.1 needs to retrain your battery.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone on here have a clue what this might be?
My Z3 screen is completely unresponsive. I've turned it off numerous times and rebooted with no effect. I managed to boot it into safe mode last night and it started working again which made me think it was a software issue. So I restarted in safe mode again to double check and now the screen is unresponsive in safe mode.
The buttons work fine and the screen appears to be ok, but there is some flickering at the edges of the screen during start up. I've tried repairing the phone on Sony Bridge for Mac but I keep getting a time out error. I'd rather not factory reset the phone yet as I've got unread messages on there and some stuff that's not been backed up. Any ideas what the hell is going on with the phone?

Associate
Anyone on here have a clue what this might be?
My Z3 screen is completely unresponsive. I've turned it off numerous times and rebooted with no effect. I managed to boot it into safe mode last night and it started working again which made me think it was a software issue. So I restarted in safe mode again to double check and now the screen is unresponsive in safe mode.
The buttons work fine and the screen appears to be ok, but there is some flickering at the edges of the screen during start up. I've tried repairing the phone on Sony Bridge for Mac but I keep getting a time out error. I'd rather not factory reset the phone yet as I've got unread messages on there and some stuff that's not been backed up. Any ideas what the hell is going on with the phone?

Cant help with whats causing the issue but have you tried plugging in a USB mouse. When I broke the screen on my Z1 I used a USB mouse to still use the phone and back everything up. If the phone works with the mouse plugged in then it would point to the screen being faulty.

Soldato
Anyone tried cardboard with the z3 ? If so can you suggest a cheap/decent one to give it a go with?

Thanks

I got the J&M black version from Amazon, works well but you need to modify them all to move the magnetic switch, as the Z3 sensor is at the bottom of the phone and Cardboard is designed for the top. Unfortunately the Cardboard app doesn't rotate to landscape in both directions for some reason, hence needing to mod the switch to the other side.

Actual 3D effects etc work brilliantly

Soldato
Cant help with whats causing the issue but have you tried plugging in a USB mouse. When I broke the screen on my Z1 I used a USB mouse to still use the phone and back everything up. If the phone works with the mouse plugged in then it would point to the screen being faulty.

Cheers dude, I am going to buy a micro HDMI to USB female adapter tomorrow to see if it works!

Soldato
I got the J&M black version from Amazon, works well but you need to modify them all to move the magnetic switch, as the Z3 sensor is at the bottom of the phone and Cardboard is designed for the top. Unfortunately the Cardboard app doesn't rotate to landscape in both directions for some reason, hence needing to mod the switch to the other side.

Actual 3D effects etc work brilliantly

Thanks for the reply mate :D Will buy one, I hope the modification isn't too brutal!

Associate
I've been thinking of buying one of these. Popped into CPW over the weekend and felt it in my hand.

First impressions - it blows away Samsung and Iphone in terms of pure 'feel' but it is very big and squarish. I don't know why but am I the only one that feels even the S6/S6 edge still feel cheap and tacky?

Anyway, before I bite the bullet and buy one...is there anything I should know? I tend to upgrade phones every 2-3 years so this needs to last me a while.

Soldato
I've been thinking of buying one of these. Popped into CPW over the weekend and felt it in my hand.

First impressions - it blows away Samsung and Iphone in terms of pure 'feel' but it is very big and squarish. I don't know why but am I the only one that feels even the S6/S6 edge still feel cheap and tacky?

Anyway, before I bite the bullet and buy one...is there anything I should know? I tend to upgrade phones every 2-3 years so this needs to last me a while.

This is the only phone I've managed to tear myself away from a 4 year love affair with an iphone. Battery is absolutely fantastic, its snappy, camera is good if you use the settings posted by (I believe) Mrk or Stoosh.

If you get a case-mate barely there case for it, it feels a whole lot less square too!

Back
Top Bottom