• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Soldato
I don't understand how with everyone making HBM such a huge deal that it fails to deliver in benchmarks.
Overclocking regular DDR5 doesn't result in significant gains outside of synthetic benchmarks. I don't think memory bandwidth is a great bottleneck yet.

However, HBM is definitely the future, once we have GPUs that can process data fast enough to properly leverage the bandwidth.

Soldato
I'll be buying one who every shows up first at around £500.. couple weeks I guess.

I just want the smaller form factor, quite and cool running PC. I dont care if a 980ti is 5/10fps faster in a game. means nothing to me..

All personal opinions here..

Associate
Just phoned the company I bought two from wondering why no delivery yet and they told me they screwed up and don't have allocation for the orders that went through! So I canceled...

Soldato
Ehh what an anti climax..

Glad I've got a G1 980ti now.

I don't understand how with everyone making HBM such a huge deal that it fails to deliver in benchmarks.

Unless with new drivers and potential overclocking makes the Fury leap ahead of the 980ti

Might be possible

That card cost you how much more than the fury?

Soldato
I dont see why people are sayings its worse than the 980TI, from what i can see the performance is much the same.

BUT you get DX stuff thats 980TI doesnt have, You get a 3" shorter PCB, You get a Watercooled card.

All these are a Bonus and things i would rather have... Saves me £100 on an EK waterblock for a 980TI.
The 290x has more (games usable) vram, and is faster than the 970 at 2560 and 4K, and trade blows with it at 1920 res, yet people on this forum still insisting passing around that the 970 is faster than the 290x, so it's not really that difficult to understand why people would tend to big up the advantage of Nvidia and slight disadvantage of AMD...it is a simple habit :p

Funny enough nobody wants to bring up that two reference 980Ti in a case will be loud as hell, and SLI 980Ti on MicroATX is not really an option except for going for proper watercooling :D People can stick two Fury X in MicroATX case such as Phanteks Enthoo Evolv, but two 980Ti is not really an option unless going full water.

Last edited:
Associate
I don't wish to fan any flames and in spite of the underwhelming truth I do believe the Fury is a both a marvel of engineering and a worthy performer (at the intended price). Nevertheless, in hindsight, this piece of reckless rabble rousing makes for rather poignant reading...

Wccftech a mere 6 days ago! said:
"These results were provided by AMD, although I have no reason to believe that they are in any way disingenuous or inaccurate. In fact I was quite surprised by the selection of games AMD had chosen, many of which are Nvidia optimized titles. Yet the R9 Fury X comes out on top in every single one of them, although in a number of games the result is much closer to a tie. And based on what we know of the 980 Ti’s and Titan X’s performance, substituting the 980 Ti with a Titan X will not do much to close the gap. Granted the Titan X will edge out Fury X in a handful of the tested games, but that’s not going to be enough to change the outcome.Fury X would still end up with more wins than losses."

Read more: http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-fury...-singlegpu-graphics-card-world/#ixzz3dzGXo0kd

Associate
I think everyone should just stop bloody moaning and appreciate what they already have!

Only kidding :D

On a serious note... I'm coming from a GTX 770 and moving upto 1440p. So at the same price, a 980Ti would be the better choice right?

Permabanned
I think everyone should just stop bloody moaning and appreciate what they already have!

Only kidding :D

On a serious note... I'm coming from a GTX 770 and moving upto 1440p. So at the same price, a 980Ti would be the better choice right?

I dunno, a Fury X and a 1440p Freesync screen could offer a significant saving over a Ti and GSync screen. :)

Back
Top Bottom