**AORUS X5 -Coming Soon**

Associate
I could see that one coming tbh, finding information about the product has been difficult. The website has only recently had useful information added rather than the very basic landing page. Didn't look like a product that would be available soon.

Associate
Thanks for the update, I am in no rush :) just really looking forward to getting my hands on this machine :D

True, best things come to those who wait i guess :)

I pretty much google,twitter and youtube search it every day... sad i know.. The Battlefield benchmarks looks promising, tho my Korean is a little rusty :), if i see any more benchmarks or videos i'll post them here. If the media outlets have one then hopefully we'll see the reviews soon..

Gary

Associate
Yeh I am the exact same Gary everyday! And I had a lookie at the bf4 benchmark that is for sure running at ultra , he skips back from customers by looks of it. :):) it looks buttery smooth, a lot of fan noise but you will obviously get that but I don't care as I'll head my headset on :) will just annoy other people :D

Associate
Yeh I am the exact same Gary everyday! And I had a lookie at the bf4 benchmark that is for sure running at ultra , he skips back from customers by looks of it. :):) it looks buttery smooth, a lot of fan noise but you will obviously get that but I don't care as I'll head my headset on :) will just annoy other people :D

oh yeah, i hear the fans, turned the sound down before when i heard the Korean. I use a cooling pad for my macbook pro at work, the important thing for me is that it doesn't turn into a total diva with the fan noise under heavy non-gaming load. e.g. running vm's, im hoping by disabling SLI and using the cooling mat it should be ok. Its probably an idea for me to wait for the reviews, tho i'll only justify it to myself anyway, will keep the pre-order, unless it slips again /me shoots an accusing stare at Gigabyte :)

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
OP
Delayed till 10th July :(:(:(:(

Because of the unforeseen delay with the delivery of our initial launch stock of AORUS X5, and by way of thanks to those who have already placed pre-orders....

We will send each customer an AORUS HOODIE and also a 64GB AORUS usb memory stick.

WE WILL ALSO SHIP THESE 2 ITEMS TO ALL CUSTOMERS PLACING PRE-ORDERS BEFORE THE STOCK ARRIVES.

The FREE items will be despatched with your laptop.

jSYMsje.jpg bG83Pnd.jpg 7noReqkm.jpg

Sorry for the delay and we trust this helps to increase the eager anticipation!

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Last edited:
Associate
Because of the unforeseen delay with the delivery of our initial launch stock of AORUS X5, and by way of thanks to those who have already placed pre-orders....

We will send each customer an AORUS HOODIE and also a 64GB AORUS usb memory stick.

WE WILL ALSO SHIP THESE 2 ITEMS TO ALL CUSTOMERS PLACING ORDERS BEFORE THE STOCK ARRIVES.
jSYMsje.jpg bG83Pnd.jpg 7noReqkm.jpg

Sorry for the delay and we trust this helps to increase the eager anticipation!

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Nice, thanks

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
OP
oh yeah, i hear the fans, turned the sound down before when i heard the Korean. I use a cooling pad for my macbook pro at work, the important thing for me is that it doesn't turn into a total diva with the fan noise under heavy non-gaming load. e.g. running vm's, im hoping by disabling SLI and using the cooling mat it should be ok. Its probably an idea for me to wait for the reviews, tho i'll only justify it to myself anyway, will keep the pre-order, unless it slips again /me shoots an accusing stare at Gigabyte :)

Hi Gary :D:D LOL, thanks for the accusing stare,,,,, we were just trying to get an image of the USB stick uploaded and hadn't seen your post,,,,

We understand how annoying these things are, and do try to reduce the cases of pushing back dates, but sometimes there simply isn't anything we can do.

Apart from the type of gesture that we just posted,,, which we think is only fair under the circumstances. We want AORUS customers to know that we do care, and value your interest in a product, especially before it has even arrived - and this added value bundle is our way of making this crystal clear :eek:

I have previewed some test results and benchmarks, and the numbers are very impressive, and yes, buttery smooth is a good description :cool: We cant publish yet as its a media review that isn't live, but as soon as it is, we will obviously link here.

Thanks again for your interest and pre-orders,

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Nice one! Thanks very much for the gesture numbs the pain of waiting a bit :D, Gary I too use a cooling pad for my current laptop but I'll need to carry this around a lot by looks of it so I went and purchased a coolermaster xslim that should for in my laptop bag. In terms of fan noise I heard the x5 has controllers so on idle or just casual use we should be able to limit fan noise without and problem with cooler added it should be fine :). Just patiently waiting!!!!!!!

Associate
Nice one! Thanks very much for the gesture numbs the pain of waiting a bit :D, Gary I too use a cooling pad for my current laptop but I'll need to carry this around a lot by looks of it so I went and purchased a coolermaster xslim that should for in my laptop bag. In terms of fan noise I heard the x5 has controllers so on idle or just casual use we should be able to limit fan noise without and problem with cooler added it should be fine :). Just patiently waiting!!!!!!!

Great thanks, I'll take a look at the xslim since I need a second one for carrying around

Seirrah

S

Seirrah

Does nvidia battery boost with SLI (I've read it doesn't) and is there a quick and neat way to disable a GPU in order to potentially extend battery (when not gaming) and also reduce heat.

Additionally, can anyone confirm when there are air intakes underneath or just on the sides? I.e. can you use it on your lap or will it get very hot?

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
OP
Does nvidia battery boost with SLI (I've read it doesn't) and is there a quick and neat way to disable a GPU in order to potentially extend battery (when not gaming) and also reduce heat.

Additionally, can anyone confirm when there are air intakes underneath or just on the sides? I.e. can you use it on your lap or will it get very hot?

Hi Seirrah,

Please find below answers to all of you questions, one of which we need further clarification from NVIDIA on...

We trust this helps.

QQUdqVZ.png

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Seirrah

S

Seirrah

Thanks for the info. I guess in general I'm trying to get a feel for how cool and tame it can be when not gaming - be it on battery, or plugged in but just browsing on my lap in front of the TV.

Clarification on the one question would be appreciated when you receive the info.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
OP
Thanks for the info. I guess in general I'm trying to get a feel for how cool and tame it can be when not gaming - be it on battery, or plugged in but just browsing on my lap in front of the TV.

Clarification on the one question would be appreciated when you receive the info.

Hi Seirrah,

OK understand.

There will be a media review going live next week, this has all the various temperatures while the system is performing different tasks. We will post when its live.

The overall system temperature will be "standard", ie not hot, especially when not under load (Gaming) and especially if one of the GPUs is switched off.

That's a general statement, we know, so lets wait for the review stats as I am sure that's what you need.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Question on the raid. :)

The specification on Overclocker site says:

• SSD Drive: 2 x 256GB (RAID 0) (m.2)

Which type of m.2 drive is it?

OcUK: Can I purchase with the option of a third m.2 drive?

Atom80: If I cant purchase it with a third m.2 drive pre installed would I invalidate my warranty by adding a third myself?

Hows it looking for 10th July?:p

Cheers,

John.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
OP
Question on the raid. :)

The specification on Overclocker site says:

• SSD Drive: 2 x 256GB (RAID 0) (m.2)

Which type of m.2 drive is it?

OcUK: Can I purchase with the option of a third m.2 drive?

Atom80: If I cant purchase it with a third m.2 drive pre installed would I invalidate my warranty by adding a third myself?

Hows it looking for 10th July?:p

Cheers,

John.

Hi John,

Thanks for your enquiry, here are the answers to your points:

• Type of m.2 ssd: - M.2 SSD come in different lengths / sizes, eg 2230,2260,2280... The one we are using is 2280, meaning 22 (W) x 80 (L) mm

• Or maybe you mean which "BUS" we are using? Currently we are using SATA3 type, and although PCIe is faster than SATA3, PCIs is not capable of forming RAID

• There are 3 x M.2 slots on board, and although only 2 x SSDs are installed on the launch model, the 3rd slot is occpupied with the Avermedia Live Stream Engine card - so, if streaming Gaming isn't going to be something you want to use the machine for, then this can be removed and a 3rd SSD installed.

You would not invalidate your warranty by installing this 3rd SSD, just be careful to not cause damage to the unit during this process, as this would affect warranty. If you have the knowledge etc, then for sure you can perform this upgrade.

Hope that answers all your questions....

Apart from delivery date,, 10th July?

First batch, which we committed to despatching Hoodies and AORUS 64GB USB drive with,, are actually in the UK now,,,, should be in OCUK warehouse this afternoon!

Hope that helps :)

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Back
Top Bottom