The Evil Within (The master of horror games is back)

Caporegime
I started playing last night and I would say after completing a lot of Resident Evil/Silent Hill/etc games I am a pretty good player. So I started this on normal difficulty but my god its hard! The first baddie that you encounter is bloody tough and reminds me of a more difficult blind boss in the helmet from RE4 but he can see!! I havnt even got past the sneaking and hiding in the lockers bit yet. Must have died about 10 times already and those death scenes are flipping graphic.

I will say I do love the look and feel of the game but they have slacked a bit of some of the graphics that could have easily been implemented on a next gen console. For instance when you get to the sewer you can wade through the water but it only just moves a bit and you can also walk through all the debris and it doesn't move.. Oh and the bit when you all arrive at the Asylum the characters can walk through each other.. Very very lazy coding. I am not saying that it ruins the experience but its just something I never expected to see on a next gen console.

Lazy coding has been on every next-gen console since... forever. :)

Soldato
Finally got round to finishing this, couldn't be bothered tbh, but felt I had to. The game was a real slog. For me, this was not even remotely survival horror, several chapters had more action than GOW.

At least I finished it and don't have to play it again, very disappointed in this, as I am a survival horror nut, and was looking forward to this when I saw the first ever trailer a lonnnng time ago. Oh well.

Soldato
Finished this earlier. Bit rough around the edges but the game really picks up after the first couple of chapters. I really enjoyed my play through and I'm so glad I took the risk on what seems a pretty Marmite game from what I've read. Story bonkers and never really knew what was going on but I didn't care about that too much as the levels, enemies and bosses are so much fun to deal with. Quite tough I died 109 times on casual! Crazy ending. I'd give it an 8/10 well worth a punt.

Alien: Isolation next!

Soldato
Finished this earlier. Bit rough around the edges but the game really picks up after the first couple of chapters. I really enjoyed my play through and I'm so glad I took the risk on what seems a pretty Marmite game from what I've read. Story bonkers and never really knew what was going on but I didn't care about that too much as the levels, enemies and bosses are so much fun to deal with. Quite tough I died 109 times on casual! Crazy ending. I'd give it an 8/10 well worth a punt.

Alien: Isolation next!

Agreed. It was a good game. It got a lot easier after the first few levels but getting past the first few was extremely frustrating. Towards the end with my power upgrades and upgraded weapons and abilities I hardly died at all.

Edz

Edz

Soldato
Currently on Chapter 8 and tbh can't be bothered anyone. It's not survival horror and the story is turd so there really is nothing to entice me to play the game. I thought the fight with box head was terrible..

All in all very disappointed :(

Associate
Looking forward to the first DLC for this, hopefully it's not too short and worth the pennies.

OQ7IjHZ.jpg.png
E10KKGf.jpg

Soldato
I loved this game. Played it on Hard and man I think by the finale I thought id given absolutely everything I could... I was exhausted (but in a good after sex or Lost marathon kind of way).

Day 1 for the DLC. I've been a bad boy and I want to be punished again!

Soldato
I really enjoyed this game, but even on the lowest difficulty setting found it very hard, especially 'The Keepers' near the end... I eventually got 'em..

Associate
Got the same thing on PC (but it was 4.2GB).
Apparently it's "implementation of downloadable content", so likely contains a bunch of the new resources, and updates to existing resources for use in the DLC. It appears to contain some fixes/improvements for the base game too.

Back
Top Bottom