Witcher 3

Caporegime
I'm just about to break level 7 and after all my exploring I'm finding most of quests are either level 16 or 24.

God damn it, time to stop wondering all over the place and do some story missions.

Soldato
About 80 hours possibly a lot more, how do I check? or so White Orchard/Velen/Novigrad is all complete, in Skellige and am at the end of the main story now. I think it is just repetition, go here, kill this, follow that is wearing thin. It is definitely a much better game then Dragon Age though!

You've done everything in only 80 hours?

Go to the character screen and then press RT/R2 (I think), the total time played should be in the bottom left. Although mine annoyingly reset with the most recent update.

Soldato
I'm trying to get through some gas clouds and it's driving me mad now. The stupid way Gerald runs on a few steps after you stop is causing me to die lots. The stupidly long re-load times is a pain as I'm dying lots......

Apart from that it's a great game.....:)

Caporegime
I'm trying to get through some gas clouds and it's driving me mad now. The stupid way Gerald runs on a few steps after you stop is causing me to die lots. The stupidly long re-load times is a pain as I'm dying lots......

Apart from that it's a great game.....:)
Not sure what part as Im still in Velen but cant you use the last sign (the telekenetic blast) to move the gas away enough so you can run past?

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Nope you have to leg it and get to a ledge quick.

I'm now in a bit where you have to leg it between cover to stop him freezing to death. It's by far the worst bit of the game it's awful. The huge re-load times when you die does not help....

I think I'm near the end tbh....

Soldato
This game's just too big for me! I enjoy wandering around and doing my own things in games like this, but now the world's so big and missions so spread out that fast travel is becoming a necessity. It was the same with Skyrim - as soon as I started to fast travel any sense of it being a real place went out the window and my mission list became a chore list. The combat has been dull for a while now too.

Soldato
I have to say, I am happy I had some time off work to play through this as playing an hour or two a night, I would have just lost interest like a lot of you seem to have done.

Man of Honour
Nope you have to leg it and get to a ledge quick.

I'm now in a bit where you have to leg it between cover to stop him freezing to death. It's by far the worst bit of the game it's awful. The huge re-load times when you die does not help....

I think I'm near the end tbh....
I never really had any issues on that section, especially the cold part as the cover available pretty much pointed me the right way to go. The only time I nearly froze was when I wanted to go off exploring a bit.

Soldato
Nope getting to portals or something. I'm now in snow and he keeps freezing to death.......

This bit is crap tbh..

It's so annoying if he falls more than 2cm he dies.....

Keep tapping jump if you're falling and you will roll when you land, you'll either take no damage or very little compared to if you didn't.

Also, gas clouds, just use igni to explode them.

Soldato
This game's just too big for me! I enjoy wandering around and doing my own things in games like this, but now the world's so big and missions so spread out that fast travel is becoming a necessity. It was the same with Skyrim - as soon as I started to fast travel any sense of it being a real place went out the window and my mission list became a chore list. The combat has been dull for a while now too.

I use to try and take in all the world discover every location, talk to every NPC etc etc and like you I got bored and it seemed more of a chore. Now I stick to the main quests and bigger side quests and forget the need to see and do everything and all open world games become more fun. Just knowing the fact you COULD go down this street or that adds to the immersion IMO :).

Associate
My first play through took me around 50-60 hours and that was with skipping a lot of side quests and missing out quite a bit of Gwent.

Going to run through this game again when I've finished Arkham Knight and see what else it has to offer, The side quests are sometimes just as strong as the Main Mission & would like to see more. That and I want to experience a different ending.

I still can't quite get my head round winning Gwent without getting lucky, Any one have any advice or tips toward this?

Soldato
I win most Gwent games, you just need a strong deck. I usually use nilfgaard deck. Accumulate so many good cards that you can afford to take out the weaker cards and just play with a deck of strong cards. That way when your 10 playing cards are chosen at random they are always strong. I like to purposely lose the first round by making my opponent use their strong cards up. Also use those "eye" cards which give them the points but you a further 2 cards from your main deck to play with.

Soldato
In my run through I've slept with the witch with blonde hair (forgot her name), then with 3 whores and then convinced Triss not to bugger off by telling her I love her and then slept with her. Which is all a pack of lies because I'm obviously going to sack triss off for Yeneffer, the raven haired goddess.

Yeah that's right, Geralt is a womanising scum bag :D

Soldato
Not so much the story, I just think the game play is flawed. Combat is a little dull, looting is pointless(other than for grinding money), quest levels are all over the place, crafting is terrible, inventory(components) is a mess, "points of interest" are extremely uninteresting, there are next to no dungeons.

Good game just too flawed to be a classic. :)

I agree. Got bored after the battle at the Witchers castle. RPGs live and die by the armour and weapons you craft and pickup(Skyrim), this just fails like Witcher 2 did to be exciting in this area(Dragon Age suffers from this too).

Also, Geralt is long in the tooth, would much prefer being able to create my own witcher character.

Soldato
In my run through I've slept with the witch with blonde hair (forgot her name), then with 3 whores and then convinced Triss not to bugger off by telling her I love her and then slept with her. Which is all a pack of lies because I'm obviously going to sack triss off for Yeneffer, the raven haired goddess.

Yeah that's right, Geralt is a womanising scum bag :D

I was under the impression if you confess your love too Triss you can't get it on with Yen?

Back
Top Bottom