*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Associate
ok ive just come back off holiday and fired the ps4 up and ive noticed media player on the home screen and it says you can use a usb storage device to play videos, anyway ive installed it and put some movies on a usb stick and tried to run it but it just says the file system is not suported and doesnt work, they are MKV files which it says sould work. what am i doing wrong?

Associate
ok ive just come back off holiday and fired the ps4 up and ive noticed media player on the home screen and it says you can use a usb storage device to play videos, anyway ive installed it and put some movies on a usb stick and tried to run it but it just says the file system is not suported and doesnt work, they are MKV files which it says sould work. what am i doing wrong?

File system as in the drive perhaps? or can you at least see the files and they fail to play.

If it's the files it could be that the MKV have a DTS soundtrack. Sadly this is not supported. AC3 is though.

Associate

Hazarding a guess here but does it say that when you plug the usb stick in? If so is it formatted as NTFS? Because it doesn't support that, needs to be FAT/exFAT.

Supported file formats and codecs can be found here: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/06/16/media-player-launches-on-ps4-today/

Associate
Any good deals for a new ps4? I can get the arkham knight bundle for £270 using my sisters discount at a supermarket.

Only plan on getting bloodborne, so will sell the batman game. Wanted to get the ps4 and BB for a discounted price, but can't see any deals.

Associate
Associate
Posted this in the Driveclub thread but just in case people miss that then the PS+ edition is available tomorrow: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015...id=613708408697417728&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785

Should point out:
Starting on Thursday, all PlayStation Plus members can download Driveclub PS Plus Edition and begin playing the offline mode. Also starting Thursday, we will be rolling out online access to the Driveclub PS Plus Edition and will steadily bring more and more players online while continuously ensuring that all game systems are running smoothly. We know that this might be frustrating after your extra wait already, but hope you can understand that we are taking extra precautions to protect your experience when you do get online. We want to make sure we don’t overload the servers as we invite millions of PS Plus members to download the game tomorrow.

ive tried all the different formats and ive tried avi mkv mp4 file types and still nothing. the stick shows up but it says no playable mida when you click on it

Weird, I have no idea then :\

Soldato

So they have enabled watching films on ps4?

Caporegime
Anyone noticed how slow PSN been this week? I know theres some issue Sony are looking at but last nights Witcher 3 patch was mental - it said 80mins to download 500Mbs (Id say that would be 5mins max for me normally). Its never been this bad...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Anyone noticed how slow PSN been this week? I know theres some issue Sony are looking at but last nights Witcher 3 patch was mental - it said 80mins to download 500Mbs (Id say that would be 5mins max for me normally). Its never been this bad...

yeah, its bad. been downloading Driveclub since 5pm last night on 80/20

Caporegime
I thought it was just congestion - PS2 and Batman:AK launching with the PS+ version of DC but seems far more than that (think PS2 and DC PS+ come out to 30Gb+)

Soldato
Yup great time for them to crawl to a hault when PS2 came out, and ESO decided it needed at 15GB patch right when I was into the end game stuff.

Both of those have been going constantly for the last 2 days and only finished last night.

Not sure what the ESo patch did...15GB and I get all of the same issues (although not many to be fair) that I did before so they ain't fixed nothing I had come across.

Back
Top Bottom