Formula E 2014/2015 season

Associate
Providing you ignore that the man who it benefits should be banned from racing for life, sure.

Along with all his co-conspirators! :D

I like the way these thing move around, it's a shame their so slow and don't seem to race on any proper tracks.

Could do without the gimmicks too, fan boost! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Caporegime
Sarazan gets a penalty so Bird wins. Doesn't affect the championship though. Duval was 0% too but looks like he just made it.

So a rather pathetic excuse for a racing series is won by a pathetic excuse for a racing driver.

Soldato
Sarazan gets a penalty so Bird wins. Doesn't affect the championship though. Duval was 0% too but looks like he just made it.

So a rather pathetic excuse for a racing series

The right people are throwing money at it and promoting it though.

is won by a pathetic excuse for a racing driver.

What does "crashgate" have to do with Piquet [sucessfully] racing in F3, GP2, Rallycross, Nascar Cup\Nationwide\Trucks or Formula E? Nothing. Briatore is the guy you should be upset with, and he was allowed to come back...

Soldato
And they say F1 has issues?

Awful series won by an appalling driver, can't stand Piquet Jr. Regardless of his past antics he comes across as a complete knob.

Man of Honour
Couldn't even sit through the highlights. Slow, painfully whiny and enough said about changing cars half way through! F1 at its worst is considerably better than this.

Soldato
Actually enjoyed both races. Pretty clean considering the tight circuit and really close racng. Some of the overtakes were pretty ballsy.

Plenty to improve however, and I'm looking forward greatly to next season.

Caporegime
The right people are throwing money at it and promoting it though.

What does "crashgate" have to do with Piquet [sucessfully] racing in F3, GP2, Rallycross, Nascar Cup\Nationwide\Trucks or Formula E? Nothing. Briatore is the guy you should be upset with, and he was allowed to come back...

I never said I wasnt annoyed with Briatore. The fact he's still around and people think it's OK to ask his opinion and then publish it is infuriating.

The fact Alonso, Piquet, Briatore and Symonds basically got away with deliberately causing a crash to fix a race infuriates me almost all much as Maldonados Dad buying him out of a lifetime ban from Monaco after he nearly killed someone.

Plus Piquet is a ****, but that's beside the point.

Soldato
I never said I wasnt annoyed with Briatore. The fact he's still around and people think it's OK to ask his opinion and then publish it is infuriating.

The fact Alonso, Piquet, Briatore and Symonds basically got away with deliberately causing a crash to fix a race infuriates me almost all much as Maldonados Dad buying him out of a lifetime ban from Monaco after he nearly killed someone.

I don't like either of those things, but I don't see how raving about it in an unrelated series discussion 7 years later will change how the FIA and money-oriented FOM/F1 work.

Plus Piquet is a ****, but that's beside the point.

It is very much on point, since you attacked his character in the first place.

Here's a quote that explains why I disagree. This was during the Indy Lights race at Toronto, where Piquet was subbing for Max Chilton at Carlin.

Piquet interviewed by NBC said:
"Obviously the driver behind was a bit quicker; I don't think we had the pace we were expecting," said Piquet, who was also eliminated from the race in the accident. "I was just trying to hold my position. He outbraked himself at the end of the straight and there was nothing I could do.

"Young kids, they get a bit aggressive, but it's OK."

Then there's the fact he took up Carlin's offer in the first place. If he was arrogant why would he bother racing in a junior series at this point in his career?

Caporegime
I never said he was arrogant. I said he was a poor excuse for a racing driver, which is based entirely on him crashing on demand to fix a race. I even made a point to point out that him being a **** was not related to that opinion.

In other sports match fixing gets you banned for life. Just because the FIA didnt fancy it doesn't mean I'm not allowed to be of the opinion that he should have been.

"Hey kids, cheat all you like, its OK you can just carry on and be champion anyway".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom