Android Netrunner

Associate
Yes my girlfriend and I play NetRunner. We love it (as you can probably tell), it's a great game. We don't have any of the SanSan cycle datapacks yet, and I'm still missing Creation and Control because it's been out of print for a while and still marked up a lot at places that do stock it. To think it all started with the core set for £20 on Amazon's Black Friday, it's been a slippery slope but huge amounts of value in terms of how much it gets played!

FstcijL.jpg

Associate
OP
Yes my girlfriend and I play NetRunner. We love it (as you can probably tell), it's a great game. We don't have any of the SanSan cycle datapacks yet, and I'm still missing Creation and Control because it's been out of print for a while and still marked up a lot at places that do stock it. To think it all started with the core set for £20 on Amazon's Black Friday, it's been a slippery slope but huge amounts of value in terms of how much it gets played!

FstcijL.jpg

I fancy a game on OCTGN but I really need to get my head around the rules 1st.

Associate
The playmat images were downloaded from BoardGameGeek, and I got them printed by Patriot Games for (I think) £20 :)

The rules are difficult to grasp to being with, at least they were for me. If you haven't seen it already I really recommend this video over reading the rulebook. Part of the confusion for me came from each deck pile and hand being called something different, and different again between Runner and Corporation.

Man of Honour
I really couldn't get into this and ended up selling it on pretty quickly :/ I did really like the intro rules video on youtube though. More games need to do that kind of thing.

Associate
The playmat images were downloaded from BoardGameGeek, and I got them printed by Patriot Games for (I think) £20 :)

The rules are difficult to grasp to being with, at least they were for me. If you haven't seen it already I really recommend this video over reading the rulebook. Part of the confusion for me came from each deck pile and hand being called something different, and different again between Runner and Corporation.

I might try that link.

not only are the piles called different things between the two players, but in the instructions the text and images say different and contradictory things. It seems like a great game to learn from an existing player.

Associate
Part of the confusion for me came from each deck pile and hand being called something different, and different again between Runner and Corporation.

Single biggest problem my friend and I had while trying to learn it - it's one of the few games where I would say a labelled playmat is absolutely essential.

This do us just fine for now, but if it keeps hitting the table I'll invest in some proper ones.

Associate
I'm a massive Netrunner fan, played in quite a few tournaments.

I also do deals on datapack cycles on my site if you're looking to catch up quickly. https://explosive6.com/product-tag/android-netrunner/ Though there are a few packs out of print along with the creation and control deluxe box, hopefully the next print run won't take too long to arrive!

Oh and if anyone is near Chichester I'm going to be running a tournament as part of the BABW series on Saturday 22nd August. http://babw.net/ Going to make a special version of my custom Netrunner deck boxes as a prize as well.

IMG_20140309_100409.jpg

Back
Top Bottom