Klipsch Image ONE

Soldato
The rainforest has them down to ~£20 (rrp is around £100 apparently). They aren't a headphone Im at all familiar with, but for the price they might be worth a punt, even if just for profiting from a resale! Anyone have any experience with these? I know two of Klipsch's IEMs and they're far from awe-insipiring.

Soldato
The rainforest has them down to ~£20 (rrp is around £100 apparently). They aren't a headphone Im at all familiar with, but for the price they might be worth a punt, even if just for profiting from a resale! Anyone have any experience with these? I know two of Klipsch's IEMs and they're far from awe-insipiring.
I ordered one (it is actually Klipsch Image ONE (II) ) since they are only £20, but missed the delivery today (stupid Amazon Logistics didn't even bother ring the doorbell...there were people at home today).

Will probably get them tomorrow to see how they do...but from what I read it is toward the bassier side...not sure if it would be at the cost of clarify. Guess I will find out soon.

Soldato
OP
Okay dokay - I look forward to your impressions :) I got the same idea from reviews, decent bass and treble clarity but perhaps a touch too much bass leading to muddy mids. Might be worth the punt at £20, but then do I really need anither budget portable??

Oh, and sonically the ONE and the ONE (II) are identicle. The (II) just has improved aesthetics and a new 'tangle-free' cable over the originals (again according to reviews).

Soldato
OP
Overclockers do not allow forum members to link or mention the names of competitors (so anyone that sells the same stuff, e.g. computing equipment) - so, to avoid this, we use adaptions of the name of the website; some other examples of this are fleabay, the bay (can you guess what they are referring to?) and the other big one is the rainforest, referring to the biggest internet retailer in the States, based in Seattle Washington, it shares its name with the worlds largest rainforest, with the second largest river (sharing the same name) running through it, located in South America, passing through Brazil, Columbia and Peru to name a few.

If you can't get it from this then there is truly no hope for you and I sincerely hope you wrap it... :D

Soldato
Just ordered two. Heard a set a couple of years ago as a mate has them and was very impressed with them. £20 is just a stupidly cheap price. Missus can have a set for the gym, she is always complaining about her earbuds falling out.

Soldato
I still don't follow :confused:

South American rainforest. If for some reason you don't know what the largest rainforest in the world is called, you can Google it. You should be able to work it out from that, at least I hope so. :D

If not, then............

Just wondering though if naming that what should not be named, really matters in this instance? If we were talking PC parts, then certainly competitors should not be named, or risk facing fire and brimstone. :D

This discussion is about headphones, which is not part of OcUK's core business. If they also sold these Klipsch headphones, then it would make sense not to name competitors, but they don't, so.......

Associate
South American rainforest. If for some reason you don't know what the largest rainforest in the world is called, you can Google it. You should be able to work it out from that, at least I hope so. :D

If not, then............

Just wondering though if naming that what should not be named, really matters in this instance? If we were talking PC parts, then certainly competitors should not be named, or risk facing fire and brimstone. :D

This discussion is about headphones, which is not part of OcUK's core business. If they also sold these Klipsch headphones, then it would make sense not to name competitors, but they don't, so.......

Overclockers do not allow forum members to link or mention the names of competitors (so anyone that sells the same stuff, e.g. computing equipment) - so, to avoid this, we use adaptions of the name of the website; some other examples of this are fleabay, the bay (can you guess what they are referring to?) and the other big one is the rainforest, referring to the biggest internet retailer in the States, based in Seattle Washington, it shares its name with the worlds largest rainforest, with the second largest river (sharing the same name) running through it, located in South America, passing through Brazil, Columbia and Peru to name a few.

If you can't get it from this then there is truly no hope for you and I sincerely hope you wrap it... :D

ah Now I see, I have to say I'm very disappointed I thought this rainforest was going to be some amazing underground audio equipment site.

Caporegime
Just ordered two. Heard a set a couple of years ago as a mate has them and was very impressed with them. £20 is just a stupidly cheap price. Missus can have a set for the gym, she is always complaining about her earbuds falling out.

If I didn't own momentums and hd25-1II's i'd probably of done the same.

Hell £20 even to have a backup in case something happens is well worth it if they are decent.

Soldato
OK just got home and gave this a quick run on my Aune T1 MK2 with no gain.

Straight out the box, it doesn't sound impressive at all, with the vocal seem to be distanced, and the overall sound quite "packed-in" in a confined and small environment. I think it could be down to the drivers of the headphone are still new and stiff and require some time for burn in.

At the moment, I cannot give an accurate comment on how good or bad are these. I will try to let the phones burn in for at least 20 hours, and then comment on if there's any improvement. Probably have to wait till Friday the earliest.

Edited: Switched to using DacMagic XS instead, and the Klipsch sounds better with this pairing. Will give this a run for a bit more before further comment. To be fair even with the Aune the sound seem to start to open a little bit even after around half an hour.

Last edited:
Soldato
Quick update:

For anyone that are sitting on the fence if they should get this for £20...don't think about it, BUY IT!

I have now left it burn in for around 11 hours...and I have just done direct comparision between the Klipsch Image One (II) and my AKG Y45, and the Klipsch humiliate the AKG! Disregarding the bass, even the mids and highs are clearly better on the Klipsh.

But do note that the Klipsch is more of a warmer headphone than neutral, and the bass at times can overpowering- like how whathifi comment on their review regarding the Klipsch Image One- "generally composed and balanced sound, except in the bass which threatens to capsize the whole thing".

The Klipsch is a bit like the Philips M1, but for bassheads...if that make any sense. So for people that prefer neutral headphone like the Senns and AKG, this might not be for them...but at the end of the day, only £20 for the Klipsch Image One (II) is really a no-brainer.

Soldato
OP
Yeah, just decided to grab a pair - way I see it, even if I don't like it I should be able to sell it on for a profit as a 'nearly new' headphone anyway.

Not really a fan of bass-heavy cans, I prefer neutral or slightly on the warm side. Will pop up a quick review if people want when I get them :)

Soldato
Yeah, just decided to grab a pair - way I see it, even if I don't like it I should be able to sell it on for a profit as a 'nearly new' headphone anyway.

Not really a fan of bass-heavy cans, I prefer neutral or slightly on the warm side. Will pop up a quick review if people want when I get them :)
I forgot to mention it comes with a sturdy headphone case as well.
TfQdN4fl.jpg
2jmNlEKl.jpg
FSBr0I2l.jpg

There are 3 buttons on the in-line control. The volume up and down button don't seem to work with Android phone, but the function button at the middle does- press once for pause or play, press twice for next track, press three times for previous track.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yup. Inline iPhone controls, only the middle button (as you say) works with Android.

Thanks for the pics, looks like quite a tidy case - they may get used after all. Is that an airline and 6.3mm adaptor I see?

Oh, and entirely off topic, but how do you rate those speaker stands? Nearly grabbed a set a while back but couldnt find any reviews on them. I assume they're similar to, if not, these?

Soldato
Yup. Inline iPhone controls, only the middle button (as you say) works with Android.

Thanks for the pics, looks like quite a tidy case - they may get used after all. Is that an airline and 6.3mm adaptor I see?

Oh, and entirely off topic, but how do you rate those speaker stands? Nearly grabbed a set a while back but couldnt find any reviews on them. I assume they're similar to, if not, these?
Yea brought it into office today and left a guy trying it on his iphone, and the volume control works fine.

Yes those are 6.5mm and airline adaptors.

As for those stands, to me using them comparing to without, the bass and audio sound tighter...would I recommend people buying them? I would say only if they already have decent speakers that they love and want a bit more improvement out of them, rather than spending the £60~£70 on those stands and taking away from the spending budget on the speakers.

Back
Top Bottom