Supplements the debate/discussion thread

Man of Honour
No idea, normal amounts? i snack sometimes, usually just fruit or the odd choclate bar, only weigh 10stone, I wouldnt say i was very active but im not sat on my bum all day either. I'm very slim, (cursed genes, my grandad passed them to me the bugger) hence starting at the gym.

Yea I do eat a fair amount of eggs and fish, (yesterday was Haddock and broccoli for eg) but yea theres room for improvment.

You're slim because you're eating next to nothing ;)

kai

kai

Soldato
You're slim because you're eating next to nothing ;)

Even with (average) size portions, I bet that's hardly 1,500 calories. Oh and what tom_e said, your eating next to nothing (that's' coming from me) As mentioned snack and a more balanced approach is your friend.

Last edited:
Soldato
ok ummm, well it varies (obviously) but heres what I'm having today if this helps?

Breakfast
Natural yoghurt
Oat granola
Blueberries

or raisin wheats

Lunch
Cheese and tomato sandwhich granary bread
Banana
Eat natural fruit n nut bar

Dinner
Fajita chicken with peppers and onion
salsa, guacamole and sour cream

Do you not snack between those main meals?
That's very little food and should leave you looking like a waif, UNLESS you are snacking heavily between meals.
If you do gym work while on that diet, you will probably get thinner - is that your aim?

Last edited:
Soldato
Black coffee and a banana.

Used to think it was a joke when people suggested that to me but i've tried all kinds of pre-workouts over the last 3 years and the coffee & banana trick works best.

Most pre-workouts are massively full of caffeine anyway, you're just getting a hit at a fraction of the price without the excessive jitters.

Man of Honour
Black coffee and a banana.

Used to think it was a joke when people suggested that to me but i've tried all kinds of pre-workouts over the last 3 years and the coffee & banana trick works best.

Most pre-workouts are massively full of caffeine anyway, you're just getting a hit at a fraction of the price without the excessive jitters.

If he's got the tolerance to 3 scoops of the old Jack3d then a cup of coffee will not even touch the sides.

I'd recommend cutting all caffeine and other stims out of your diet for a fair while to be honest.

Man of Honour
OP
If he's got the tolerance to 3 scoops of the old Jack3d then a cup of coffee will not even touch the sides.

I'd recommend cutting all caffeine and other stims out of your diet for a fair while to be honest.

Best thing I've done. Better sleep and general well being. Thus, when you do take some caffeine it has a more profound effect.

Soldato
Best thing I've done. Better sleep and general well being. Thus, when you do take some caffeine it has a more profound effect.

Can echo this, gone from 4-6 cups coffee daily last year to about 1-3 a day this year, I sleep a lot better and when I have coffee I actually notice the effect it has on me. I've also stopped drinking any about 4/5 hours before I go to sleep.

Soldato
Hi All,

Looking for a place to buy protein bars (preferably USN ones).

Where is the best - by best I mean at a reasonable price. To purchase such bars from?

I don't really like spending £30 plus on these things.

Soldato
Seriously, not to be unhelpful but a quick google will bring up plenty of places you can pick up USN protein bars from.

It'll take you 5 minutes to derive who is the cheapest.

If you don't want to spend £30 on 'these things' then perhaps avoid buying a branded bar, or even an expensive branded bar at that, in favour of the simpler flapjack based bars from the likes of CNP, PhD, Reflex, Grenade etc which are all just as tasty and much better value.

Alternatively you could make your own quite easily using oats, bananas, nut butters, dried fruit, chocolate and whey.

Or just equate for the calories/macros of a protein bar in to your normal meals.

Associate
Just received some Maxi Nutrition ProMax bars yesterday (cookie dough flavour). Thought I would try them since they were on special on Amazon, and I need a protein top up at work late in the day. Not great tasting and really stick to your teeth. I have to get through 23 more of these things!

Think I will stick to protein shakes at work from now on.

Back
Top Bottom