Women and Temperature.

Soldato
Thanks.... I'll look into my power saving settings, maybe I measured it whilst it was orange. Going downstairs to stick an energy monitor on it - will see what it reads in the morning :)

Wish I bought a few of these now then I could have stats by appliance or cluster of appliances run off an extension cord

http://www.currentcost.com/product-iams.html

I bought three thinking I could log all the data from them direct from the envi..

Oh no, whilst you can display the data live on the Envi screen, it's doesn't log any of it. Complete waste of £60 quid odd..

May well have been the ****ty currencost software of course :D.
I wouldn't have a clue where to start looking at the data stream from the device. :o

Last edited:
Soldato
I bought three thinking I could log all the data from them direct from the envi..

Oh no, whilst you can display the data live on the Envi screen, it's doesn't log any of it. Complete waste of £100 quid odd

Must be that crappy software that you're using :D

They do transmit on a separate channel and I've seen code to utilise it.

@VF Thank you Sir you've saved me a few pennies - went downstairs to find the box in live pause :rolleyes: the silly ... anyway apparently there is an ECO mode which I just realised. Many thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
Must be that crappy software that your using :D

They do transmit on a separate channel and I've seen code to utilise it.

I'm not using it any more, I ripped the RJ / USB lead out the back in temper and threw it all in the bin.
The monitor is still on my desk but it's no longer powered up.

Paperweight :rolleyes:

Associate
Just been busy working out how to use syslogs and then using logstash etc, thought it would be a lot more complicated as I didn't realise logstash, elasticsearch and kibana all worked from one package.

Thanks for that idea, will definately be stealing it and putting it to good use :) Just need the equipment now.

Soldato
Thanks.... I'll look into my power saving settings, maybe I measured it whilst it was orange. Going downstairs to stick an energy monitor on it - will see what it reads in the morning :)

Your box will feel less responsive if you use Eco mode though, I've tried it but ended up going back to normal because of that.

Soldato
Just been busy working out how to use syslogs and then using logstash etc, thought it would be a lot more complicated as I didn't realise logstash, elasticsearch and kibana all worked from one package.

Thanks for that idea, will definately be stealing it and putting it to good use :) Just need the equipment now.

Good luck and welcome to the world of computing on limited system resources, it's fun and challenging :)

Your box will feel less responsive if you use Eco mode though, I've tried it but ended up going back to normal because of that.

Well I don't watch telly so no big deal for me :) However I didn't notice much difference... Will know for sure if she starts biatching about it.

V F

V F

Soldato

That only happens for 5 - 10 minutes after you've woken the box up. After that 20 minutes of use, it's no different to standard use.

Eco mode kicks in about 3am to allow any software updates between 1 - 2am. The box wakes up about 5:30am for the rest of the day.

Should you get up through the night from lack of sleep, just remember Eco mode will take longer to wake up the box. You'll get a message prompt to change it or it asks you to press back up to keep your power saving settings.

Soldato
They are all bat **** crazy and like to moan about anything and everything

/Thread

So true, my sister is cold one degree down & hot one degree up. A few years back, she was pregnant so she has the hormone excuse, but she had the AC on in August, in central NY state!!! It was a small apartment too...

Soldato
Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
someone nicking your leccy? :p

To some degree it seems I have. Had an electrician out after having busted central heating. Apparently the cable to the garage is faulty. It's not even armoured. It's been blowing fuses recently. As he has temporarily redirected it and cut off the old one until it can be fixed.

Associate
May I ask, what are heat particles?

dbl_glazing_ready_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom