Type R and VTEC owners

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
which is why he decided against it and went for the cheaper option changing to a more powerful car.

the dudes on tdi norths facebook page are on about spending 12k on their crz's which to me is just mindblowing.

i mean, i like them, i have driven nath's enough times to know what its all about. I can certainly see the appeal of it being 200bhp, but it just isnt worth the outlay to get there at all.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
It's loud. If you've got a decat too then don't even bother.

If you want a reasonable exhaust that sounds good and isn't mental money then the tanabe touring medallion is worth a look.

I'm grabbing one next year.

Soldato
Sweet we need to hear that. I still keep umming and arring about the Focus. I don't think there is any love there, it's quite quick but I don't find it exciting at all really. An FN2 is calling me so I will start collating a checklist with the links you guys posted and see if one is on Civinfo too. Been reading owner reviews etc nothing bad really to say about it and if I make a good checklist I should avoid lemons and make sure I don't get one with 3rd gear syncro issues but really haven't read much bad at all!

Associate
Sweet we need to hear that. I still keep umming and arring about the Focus. I don't think there is any love there, it's quite quick but I don't find it exciting at all really. An FN2 is calling me so I will start collating a checklist with the links you guys posted and see if one is on Civinfo too. Been reading owner reviews etc nothing bad really to say about it and if I make a good checklist I should avoid lemons and make sure I don't get one with 3rd gear syncro issues but really haven't read much bad at all!

Stormster, You're more than welcome to come down to Manchester and have a go in the FN2. I've got a stock one here aswell if you'd like to see how it drives? Should help you make you're mind up :) Can always take you out in the super charged beasts aswell afterwards? :D

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
- one hand on the wheel.
- zero rev matching.
- quick stabs of the throttle
- mid corner hesitations on acceleration

great guide on how not to drive an S2000.

the roads look a lot of fun though.

Soldato
Aside from the one hand business you seem to be wrong all round? He's a pretty handy driver, check out the 'ring videos everybody gushed over not too long ago.

Caporegime
Yeah, part of the fun of an S2000 is not driving right on the limit and being a little binary with the throttle.

He wouldn't drive like that in the wet i imagine.

Soldato
It also looks like the video has been sped up a little which will exaggerate the effect - looking at his speedo and the rate the scenery is flying past it doesn't quite match up (or at least from whenever I've looked at dashcam videos - which always look like you're going very slowly considering the actual speed)

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
ah ok, I assumed that carrying speed in a lower gear rather than sitting at around 5k was the best way to go about it, feeding in the throttle gradually rather than using it as an on/off switch and pressing it in mid/late corner to maximise the grip was the fastest way to pedal the car.

Its not like it has the torque to hold a drift or anything so why upset the balance mid corner on purpose with aggressive throttle modulation mid corner? may as well just drive it faster in the first place if you want thrills.

You can hear the car understeer at various points throughout the video which is neither fast nor fun in my experience.

I guess I haven't had my car long enough to be an expert though.

Back
Top Bottom