[Build Log] Back To Water!

Soldato
Thanks.

Same mate. That bend worked out looking better than expected.

I wouldn't call it easy at all. If you wanted to use fittings for all the changes of direction then that would be easy but it's super expensive and looks worse Imo. I'm glad I ordered extra tubing for making mistakes. Takes abit if planning and lots of trial and error. A bending kit helps but really not that important.

Ak ok, think i'll give it a miss then :)

Soldato
how did you find doing the bending\measuring?

looks amazing but I'm always put off with water cooling as I don't like the flex stuff you can use and would much prefer the bending method

Soldato
OP
Well the end result looks excellent mate, pro bending!

Thanks glad it's getting such good feedback. Normally the tubing ends up looking better once collant is running through it.

how did you find doing the bending\measuring?

looks amazing but I'm always put off with water cooling as I don't like the flex stuff you can use and would much prefer the bending method

I was finding it very difficult as the ram, cpu and gpu blocks were so close with lots of changes of direction to keep all the tubing running vertical or horizontal but using fittings to allow the bends to work out further apart helped loads. I wish I had taken a photo of my first attempt to compare.

Absolutely brilliant job! You should run a masterclass :D

Thanks it's turned out better than I expected.

Soldato
OP
Thanks mate my aim was to keep it looking as neat as possible to have mounted the top rad the opposite way around to how you would normally and the front rad so the ports are in the lower chamber.

I now have the headache of trying to get it all connected up in the lower chamber as it's very very tight. I spent a hour or so today trying to figure it out and made a little progress but I seem to need a never ending supply of fittings to get it to work.

Soldato
OP
Had a delivery today.

A second 780ti. This one is a EVGA SC. Along with a new block and 2 backplates for both cards.

IMG_20150706_204525.jpg

They all fitted together with edge of the pcb colour coded black. Weighs loads.

IMG_20150706_204229.jpg

Bit skint now but should finish it by end of month. Just need fittings I think now and my psu cables to be returned from pexon as had a incorrectly made 24 pin cable.

Soldato
OP
Small update

So when I started buying bits for this build not only did I decided it would be a good idea to spend £20+ on a sli bridge but to buy one that was the wrong length for my motherboard.

IMG_20150708_151506.jpg

IMG_20150708_151541.jpg

IMG_20150708_151615.jpg

So plan b was a basic cable my mate got included in his motherboard.

IMG_20150708_151647.jpg

As you can see it looks terrible and with the lengths taken elsewhere in the build it couldn't stay like that. I also couldn't bring myself to spending another load of money on these over priced items.

IMG_20150708_152018.jpg

So went ahead and pulled the Evga bridge apart.

IMG_20150708_151727.jpg

IMG_20150708_151758.jpg

And back together with ribbon cable folded to length.

IMG_20150708_151834.jpg

IMG_20150708_151919.jpg

IMG_20150708_151859.jpg

IMG_20150708_151949.jpg

Thanks.

Associate
Fantastic build as well you know. I've been waiting for the ATX mid tower to come out because I thought I'd struggle to fit everything in the mATX but you've done an excellent job here. Looking forward to seeing it with the coolant in and up and running. Where are you putting the drives? Also what are you doing for a fan controller? Finally, any pics of the pump and res installed? I'm incredibly nosy.

Soldato
OP
Cracking looking build, that loop is fantastic.

Thanks.

EK blocks just look simple and stylish. It's easy to see why they are the most popular choice.

Totally agree mate it was a easy choice. Just wish it was a bit cheaper.

nice mod mate

Thanks.

Fantastic build as well you know. I've been waiting for the ATX mid tower to come out because I thought I'd struggle to fit everything in the mATX but you've done an excellent job here. Looking forward to seeing it with the coolant in and up and running. Where are you putting the drives? Also what are you doing for a fan controller? Finally, any pics of the pump and res installed? I'm incredibly nosy.

Yea it's a bit of a squeeze. Drives I'm using a 250Gb m.2 drive that will be mounted between the gpus on the mobo itself and a 250gb samsung evo 2.5" behind the motherboard on the proper mounting point. I have a NAS so no need for any storage drives. Fans will be run off the included controller that's hidden behind the mobo which is controlled via the cpu header on the mobo. So they will all spin up and slow down depending on cpu temp.

I've not mounted the pump and res yet as it's so tight the loop in lower chamber needs to be finalised before I can drill the case. Will need to wait a few weeks till I get paid again to order more fittings.

Don't worry about the questions it's nice to have people show interest.

Soldato
This build is awesome. Big fan of the tubing, such a breath of fresh air over the "link this thing to that thing".

Absolutely loving it. :)

Associate
Out of interest. From the CPU block to the RAM block, how come you decided to go with that amount of fittings, and no just try and create a single U-Bend?

Either way, looks like a real nice clean build. Be interesting to see the temps :)

Back
Top Bottom