Lexus GS 430 - Good car, dodgy dealer. Should I buy or not?

Soldato
OP
Ah, Bradford, always the best place to buy a legitimate, carefully driven used car :p
The car has spent the last two years in Devon and before that was in Coventry! I'm not actually too concerned about the car.

I don't think you'd ever be happy with it, that nagging thought whether it's been clocked may never go away.
I don't think it's been clocked. The mileage matches the service receipts which I verified with the garages that carried them out (Lexus dealerships).

But yes, I can see everyone's point about Bradford and used cars. People at work who know the local area advised me to stay away from there when I spoke to them about it today.

I called it off with the trader. It's frustrating because I'm nearly 100% sure the car is fine but I don't know what else he might be hiding.

This is the article I found for those interested: http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co....ng_duo_told_to_pay_up___120_000_or_face_jail/

Associate
Out of principle I wouldn't want to give my business to someone like that, doesn't matter if the car is legit or not - I would really rather not see people who are in (or were in) the business of ripping people off making any profit from me!

Soldato
Walk away.

I particularly love this bit on an article I read:

Sentencing the brothers, Judge Peter Benson said the frauds were pre-planned and premeditated, involving the fraudulent production of MOT certificates.

But he said the brothers were of good character and held in good standing in the community.

:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom