**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Caporegime
I'd rather burn alive, tbh.

Last 3 weeks has actually been worth watching to be fair, the Blackzilians owner had a temper tantrum last week which was hilarious.

I like Mcgregor and Macdonald in the main events at 189, but does anyone else think Mendes at 13/8 is crazy? Might lump some money on that, on the chance he will lay and prey for 5 rounds to a decision.

UFC 189 Live on BT Sport 2 @ 3am.

Chad Mendes vs. Conor McGregor
Robbie Lawler (c) vs. Rory MacDonald
Dennis Bermudez vs. Jeremy Stephens
Gunnar Nelson vs. Brandon Thatch
Brad Pickett vs. Thomas Almeida

Last edited:
Associate
Last 3 weeks has actually been worth watching to be fair, the Blackzilians owner had a temper tantrum last week which was hilarious.

I like Mcgregor and Macdonald in the main events at 189, but does anyone else think Mendes at 13/8 is crazy? Might lump some money on that, on the chance he will lay and prey for 5 rounds to a decision.

UFC 189 Live on BT Sport 2 @ 3am.

Chad Mendes vs. Conor McGregor
Robbie Lawler (c) vs. Rory MacDonald
Dennis Bermudez vs. Jeremy Stephens
Gunnar Nelson vs. Brandon Thatch
Brad Pickett vs. Thomas Almeida

Im a megregor fan but an suprised at the odds. He now faces a tough wrestler, hes about to answer the doubters!! Then Aldo next? Actually probably should have happened this way.

Caporegime
Wow, Conor looked really drained, almost ill. Not sure how much longer we'll see him at 145.

Be interesting to see how this goes, if Mendes wants to keep it standing like he did against Aldo I think Conor takes it, he's so unpredictable and accurate on the feet. I think he looks to take him down and lay and prey, then it all rides on whether Conor can get up.

Macdonald is one of the scariest fighters imo, he's so unassuming and has that stare on him that makes you think he's not thinking about fighting you, he's thinking about slicing you up into littles pieces and putting you into a bin bag. If he wasn't a fighter he'd be a serial killer for sure :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I think if it stays on their feet connor will take it, if mendes can get him on his back, it'll be difficult.

Quite surprised it's on BTSport and not PPV.

Soldato
Great card, staying up for it.

Prediction

Lawler Knockout, think he has vastly improved since the last fight, so has Rory but think lawler will get to him.

Mendez stoppage ground and pound. He's got a great engine and over a 5 rounder I think he will have the edge and will wear Conar down for a ref stoppage for not defending him self. Although would love for Conar to win it.

tbh

tbh

Associate
The Pickett-Almeida fight was freaking awesome!

Same, I wonder if there are as may adverts in the US, actually if it is anything like NFL there will be.
I believe the pay-per-views are broadcast commercial free in the US, the Fox events are full of breaks however.

Back
Top Bottom