Windows 10

Soldato
Saw on Wzor twitter translated:

of unreliable and untested istochikov -
Official RTM will be available to partners July 15, 2015, at 2:45 PM (18:00 MSK on). amen

Microsoft Insider twitter translated:

July 15 all of the major OEM partners will sign-off RTM build

Later Microsoft Insider twitter confirmed RTM sign off date and time translated:

The exact date of distribution July 15, 2015, 2:45 PM PDT

So Windows 10 RTM will distributed to OEM partners on Wed 15 July 8.45PM GMT! Hope it will leak. :D

Windows 10 DVD boxes shots.

BtOcPWQ.png

http://winfuture.de/news,87957.html#

Last edited:
Soldato
I hope Microsoft haven't rushed to get this ready.

We could have waited until Sep/Oct if they needed more time to polish.

Im pretty confident MS have got this right off the bat. The amount of preview updates they have released over the past 2 weeks shows how well its going and how serious they are about getting Windows 10 right first time round.

Its really down to if 3rd party companies with drivers etc are ready, thats the main thing.

Caporegime
I hope Microsoft haven't rushed to get this ready.

We could have waited until Sep/Oct if they needed more time to polish.

Windows 10 is not a package, release and move on OS like previous versions. It will continue to develop and evolve and improve over the next few years. The release on the 29th is not about releasing a finished product, its about getting as many people as possible onto the new Windows platform.

Soldato
I have no faith in Win10 being a quality product. Sacking all the testers and hoping the community will test it for you and provide the same information about the product seems totally insane to me.

Soldato
I believe having x million public users testing it will find far more problems than a team of in house testers using it.

Of course you will always get people who abuse it etc, but most people want it to work, so are logging all the correct issues etc.

Soldato
I believe having x million public users testing it will find far more problems than a team of in house testers using it.

Of course you will always get people who abuse it etc, but most people want it to work, so are logging all the correct issues etc.

I'm not disputing that. I've got a computing degree so I can see both sides of it. There is a place for dev and quality assurance testing be it by automated tools or professional testers before code gets anywhere near a technical preview build.

The technical preview opens up a greater number of hardware and software configurations, however I'd wager that 99% of the people in this thread haven't logged anything with Microsoft via the tools included, and if they did have it was lacking essential details. Microsoft will have quite a job on their hands filtering out all the noise before they get to the useful data.

Soldato
I'm not disputing that. I've got a computing degree so I can see both sides of it. There is a place for dev and quality assurance testing be it by automated tools or professional testers before code gets anywhere near a technical preview build.

The technical preview opens up a greater number of hardware and software configurations, however I'd wager that 99% of the people in this thread haven't logged anything with Microsoft via the tools included, and if they did have it was lacking essential details. Microsoft will have quite a job on their hands filtering out all the noise before they get to the useful data.

A big problem with public beta testing is that most people won't log at all :( it's a shame... I've log probably 70% of the problems I've had, the other 30% being automatically resolved with new builds.

Most people want to try something new, not test it... we can see in this thread some people who just want Windows 10 because it's new, and many who are "testing" it...

Soldato
Thing is, is Win 10 really worth waiting for? Is it enough of an upgrade to Win 8.1 to war rent installing it?

it's free, it's a new platform and improvements (maybe incremental compared with W8.1) so why wouldn't you upgrade?

plus it will have longer MS support life as well as eventually you have to go onto it anyway...

the main sticking point for me would be speed and UI/user friendliness.

I have got used to W8.1 now and found many of the W8.1 pro features such as bit-locker/remote desktop etc in-expendable.

Back
Top Bottom