*** Show us your bikes! ***

Soldato
I want an SP2, but nice ones sell for serious money. It's a proper, usable V-Twin Japanese sports bike though, unlike the TL1000 which looks great but is heavy as lead and doesn't handle particularly well. Can't think of anything else in the same league from the Japs, which is a shame.

Yeah I love the look and sound of the SP2 but as you said they go for 6K plus. Plus I haven't seen one in probably 10 years round these parts

Associate
The TL 1000 in standard trim might not handle brilliantly, but it'll not cost a lot to sort
The SP1 & SP2 are not light bikes, and underpowered in todays terms
The Mille can be had for far less than the SP1 / SP2 and handles better than the TL.

That being said, I have an SP1 & an SP2.... :p

Associate
SP1/SP2 were always renowned for being heavy. Great bikes though. TL1000S is lighter than an SP- TL1000R is heaver than the S but handles better as stock.

The road to decent TL1000S handling is easy

- 5.5 inch rear rim from a GSXR600 with a 180 section tyre.
- The rotary rear shock can vary wildly in quality- I've had useless examples and brilliant examples on my TLs. If it's a poor one a Hagon shock does the job and doesn't cost a lot, although the damping adjuster operation can also vary somewhat on Hagons. They have great customer service though.
- Ditch the stock steering damper and fit a quality item, although I had good results from emptying the stocker and filling with paraffin. Easy to do, you just need a torx bit, plastic container, gloves and a few litres of paraffin.
- Sync your throttle bodies and check the TPS alignment regularly. They drift, and it ruins throttle response.

Soldato
just became the owenr of this,
mt350e.png

Harley Davidson MT350e army bike with a few mods done, and sadly no front panniers:/ i intend to buy some soon and spray paint them black.

also will be putting my lovley varadero 125 up for sale.

Last edited:
Soldato
Picked this (Aprilia Tuono V4R ABS) up a couple of weeks ago, i did have a Street Triple but it didn't have the grunt or power i was after really, so i got this instead.

Man, congrats... you know what, I've been looking at these for a second bike... only in Orange/Gold the older ones... they look and sound EPIC. How you getting on with it? I really do like these and think over the next 12 months, one will have to be bought. It's one of the few bikes I've looked at over the years and it clicks.

Back
Top Bottom