Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

Associate
Rebuilt my 250 for probably the 15th time, this time added some 3D printed parts (would have preferred red but didn't have any) and moved the D4R-II between the plates. Getting a bit on the heavy side so will be interested to see how it feels and how long I get out the batteries, will find out tomorrow.

2qj9n9e.jpg

xdv344.jpg

14taeco.jpg

Why the 2 cameras?

Won't the mobius do fpv and record at the same time only asking because I'm thinking about getting a mobius

Soldato
I've priced everything up apart from batteries to the tune of £150 that's frame motors ecs a devo reciever I've got the quanum goggles came as a full fpv kit for £65 with delivery and customs worked out a little over 100

I'm just using the goggles as a screen works fairly well For a 4 inch screen not great if you wear glasses as goggles tho I'm going mod them soon so they go over my glasses

Where is the £65 fpv kit? FPV is one of the main barriers for me from building my own 250!

Associate
Cheers! I suppose the next question is Is it any good? What sort of range do you get with it? What quality are th goggles?

for the price it's excellent i don't use them as goggles as they don't go over my glasses I just use it as a normal screen quality isn't excellent but for the price it's good enough I'm going mod it eventually to go over my glasses ill use them for fpv on a 250

downside you need to re solder the connector as the soldering is crap but I wanted to change it to a deans anyway

I got a lot of interference but was solved by putting in a ferrite ring on the supply to the tx

there's a few videos on the kit on youtube

You can run the rx and screen off either a 3s or a 2s battery

Soldato
I didn't realise you could essentially use it as a screen, you mean its ok to fly with in the field ? I guess you just look in to it sat down rather than having them on your face, what is the radio like reliable?

I have fatshark preditor v2 at the moment but want something I can use fpv and los without being disorientated, with the goggles your fully immersed

Associate
I didn't realise you could essentially use it as a screen, you mean its ok to fly with in the field ? I guess you just look in to it sat down rather than having them on your face, what is the radio like reliable?

I have fatshark preditor v2 at the moment but want something I can use fpv and los without being disorientated, with the goggles your fully immersed

yeah just look into it whilst on the field I've made my own bracket to fix it on the transmitter and used the face mask as a sun cover

the kit comes with 2 lenses but I've not needed or tried them out in case the sun and lenses burn the screen

the radio is a lot more reliable now I've put a ferrite ring on the supply to the tx as I was getting interference that was a 3 quid fix from maplins

I'm going to a model airshow at the weekend so I'm hoping to get a cheap larger screen and gimbal last year they did have a few good deals

Soldato
Why the 2 cameras?

Won't the mobius do fpv and record at the same time only asking because I'm thinking about getting a mobius

DON'T USE A MOBIUS FOR FPV! Sorry, got the shouting out of my system. There is some lag (~120ms) but it isn't that bad tbh... The real problem with any "HD" recording camera is that they are essentially small computers. They have a habit of doing unexpected things at the most inopportune times. Like rebooting just as you are doing a low pass between trees. Don't ask me how I know :D

Soldato
yeah just look into it whilst on the field I've made my own bracket to fix it on the transmitter and used the face mask as a sun cover

the kit comes with 2 lenses but I've not needed or tried them out in case the sun and lenses burn the screen

the radio is a lot more reliable now I've put a ferrite ring on the supply to the tx as I was getting interference that was a 3 quid fix from maplins

I'm going to a model airshow at the weekend so I'm hoping to get a cheap larger screen and gimbal last year they did have a few good deals

Cool, I may give it a go for the money, only after something cheap :)

Soldato
Thanks all i do to the video soon as i take the SD card out of the camera is do some basic editing as in cut out bits of the video thats it using Adobe Premiere Pro CC ..No colour corrections done to it

Was using the ND filter with iso 100

No colour correction :eek:. I don't know what you can do with the Inspire but I would recommend changing any video settings to be as flat as possible. That raw image is extremely high saturation/contrast which will just lose any detail in shadows and highlights and give you less scope for correction.

Adding saturation to a flat image is easy but rescuing it from the opposite is harder :).

Soldato
I don't know if anyone in the Southampton area reads this thread, but my hackerspace has a monthly flying meetup, which is currently populated entirely by multi-rotor flyers. Next meeting is tomorrow (Wed) at 7:30pm in So Make It. It's less flying (due to space) and more building/social/advice, though we usually fly Hubsans and the like inside later on.

Back
Top Bottom