*** Rocket League PS4 Thread ***

Caporegime
Played this on weekend round a mates. 4 player split screen 2 vs 2. Was amazing. Best local mp game I've seen since the GameCube days (Super Monkey Ball etc).

We are considering doing online play soon as a team of 4. Will we be able to party up and take on other teams of 4 online? Much lag?

i have played in a group of 4 and a group of 5.

with 4 you can play a straight forward online 4 v 4 against randoms. you are all on the same team and there isn't much lag when all the connections handshake properly (the game starts too quickly and for the initial first few seconds there is usually lag). i hope they address this with an update with a countdown timer of say 10 seconds at the start of the game only instead of whatever it is now. after that it should be 3. apart from that it's pretty much lag free.

with a group of 5 you can only play a private match (so not against randoms) i selected 4 v 4 and you get an option to either be in red team, blue team or auto join (default). we always picked auto join to keep it fair and random rather than people sticking together. you then have 2 on one side 3 on the other with 3 bots (whose level of skill you can select). ideally if you have a group larger than 4 you want it to be even so you don't need any bots. so say you have 6 people you would just select to play 3 v 3 but i don't know how much that would effect gameplay with 2 less players in the game. this mode seems to have a lot of lag, our pings were double that of the normal online mode and we had occasional spikes all the time. so the private match servers aren't that good hopefully they fix that soon.

5 minutes playing this and I feel dizzy, have to stop, shame.

turn camera shake off in the settings. maybe avoid ball cam too?

Last edited:
Soldato
Been playing online all afternoon and due to the rankings not going through I'm utterly slaughtering everyone - to the point of it not being fun. Any ide when it updates the server with your stats?

Winning games by 12+ goals after our team stops trying halfway through to let the timer count down. Still has me down as skill level 100 rookie...

Soldato
I seem to find the online matchmaking works perfectly in the morning, but as more people are on in the evening it's still struggling a lot.

Also agree with sonny that they should add a timer before the match starts. A lot of times the connection is terrible for the first 5 or so seconds. Once it gets going I've only noticed 1 or 2 tiny bits of lag as it's been really smooth. It's just the very start...

I noticed the time you have idle before it kicks you is really short. 6-0 up within 2 mins again and decided to just look some stuff up online and 30 seconds later I was kicked for being idle. lol. Oops.

Soldato
I'm playing the season on Pro. I started well but now my arse is just handed me to. I find it a slight annoyance that the ball will spend 90% of the time around the edge of the field.

Anyone else see some of the fields not have any AA?

Associate
This game is so very good.. The online servers are shockingly bad at the moment, but i imagine they will get better soon.. If anyone wants to play OriginaCoreGamer on PS4, ill respond, if im not in a game, and im not away (maybe in game, but not there) its nearly tea time :)

Soldato
Me and my mate had some issues with the servers last night, we did eventually manage to play though. This game is crazy fun! I think I like staying behind and being more of goal protector, just because I'm bad at shooting :p my friend isn't though, so the teamwork pulled off.

Soldato
Yeah servers were terrible again yesterday - so couldn't get many games with you guys unfortunately.
I did manage to get into a non-ranked 4v4 when 3 of my mates came online to try it. Once in, the other team stayed so we got about 6-7 games. 2 of my mates were trying it for the first time so the games were utter chaos, but all pretty close and had so much fun.

Hopefully the servers hold up more tonight when I jump on

Soldato
Yeah loving it, having a good laugh with friends and even randoms.

I've had bad experience with randoms. With my mate, we would talk to each other so we knew who would go for the ball and what we was planning, when he had to go I played on with randoms, and they was all over the place! Nobody ever wants to defend, once the whistle goes, they both go for the ball even if one is directly in front of goal, I think we lost every game I played after my mate left :( I made some amazing saves though :D

I played my first ranked 3v3 also with randoms, and we was a little unlucky. We was down to 2-0 and brought it back to 2-1. I took the perfect opportunity to make it 2-2 and then my team couldn't defend in overtime :(

Back
Top Bottom