removing moisture from motherboard

Soldato
Around the CPU socket of my motherboard there seems to be a bit of a buildup of moisture which i suspect was down to a bad seal on my Triton AIO which is being RMA'd. Thankfully the coolant i used in it was non-conductive so is relatively harmless. Only it won't dry with heat applied for some reason.

What would be the best way of removing the moisture? Despite it being harmless i would like to remove it. After some googling some are suggesting to use spray on Isopropyl Alcohol or some form of non-conductive solvent, which will be able to evaporate the moisture. Any suggestions for removing moisture off my mobo without damaging it?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Seems to have left a lot of sticky residue on the motherboard. Tried using IPA to get it off but it really won't budge. Have taken the board out and put back in my old Z97 board using the stock cooler.

Dodgy Triton is on it's way back to OcUK but really don't want to put any components back into the residue laden board as i don;t want it to short any of my expensive hardware.

Back
Top Bottom