Picked up my new girl today... haven't decided on a name for her yet...

Permabanned
EDIT: Updated with new photos :D
19871868715_fc018bf5fd_o.jpg

19845579606_b008680880_o.jpg

19864479042_66ef30a99f_o.jpg

19871771655_18fa274469_o.jpg

19871883485_9b140fd834_o.jpg

19250932273_688324a3a2_o.jpg

19250923753_b2949c8850_o.jpg

19249193464_f639c9e959_o.jpg

19251020123_f76ca48f9e_o.jpg

Picked up my new toy today... seems to be in fantastic condition.

Nov 2009 first on the road, FPSH, 24k miles on the clock.

Spent its first 579 miles with Porsche and then has had a single female owner for the last 5+ years.

Took it straight down to Wheels in Motion in Chesham and got a clean bill of health with only some small adjustments necessary :D

Picked her up only 20 minutes down the road from the OcUK office too...

Already put about 400 miles on her & she drives beautifully... adore the PDK box and the induction noise is addictive. The balance and levels of grip available are surprising me (in a great way) even after having driven a few difference Porsches.

_H5A9179 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

_H5A9158 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

_H5A9200 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

_H5A9217 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

_H5A9224 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

_H5A9229 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

_H5A9237 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

_H5A9241 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

_H5A9253 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

_H5A9256 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

I'll try not to bin it (harrr harrr)
_H5A9219 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Specs:

Arctic Silver w/ Black Hood
19" Carrera Sport Wheels
Black Leather Seats
Illuminated Door Entry Guards
Fully Auto Climate Control
Heated Seats
ParkAssist
PDK
PCM
Porsche Crest on Headrests
Sound Package Plus
Sport Chrono Package Plus I.C.W PDK
Sports Steering Wheel
UAI

To be done:
Sports Exhaust
LSD

Permabanned
OP

That was my first stop (other than fuel, lol) after picking her up ;)

Went straight there... already had her booked in since the start of the week:

20150718_115303 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

Front looks to have been OK... the rear wasn't toooo far out for a 6 year old car, but needed a bit of correction... nothing major at least and I got a good look at the underside :)

Permabanned
OP
Looks nice, congratulations :)

Beautiful

Very nice, congrats

Looks awesome.

Lovely motor. I'll have an Avalon plz:p

Thanks guys :D

She looks chuffed, as you are I bet :)

Yup :D

Love the style of the wheels. Nice car indeed and those upgrades will make it even more special.

Funnily, I didn't actually like them to begin with... when I saw the first pictures they put me off a little (although I would choose function over image - so I didn't let it sway me over the other options) as I didn't think they looked that great in their images.

When I saw them in the flesh, I realised quite how nice they actually are and I think my pictures have brought them out quite well :D

Pretty car :D

Love the proposed upgrades sort of thing I would do! :D

Enjoy it.

Defo... I'm really rather impressed with how well it slides and holds the slide even without a LSD... it's just that initial breakaway would be easier with the LSD and the LSD will make it feel a little bit more forcefully rear-driven (although the mid-balance is fantastic).

It seems to break grip before there's any annoying inner-wheel spinning up... which is great :D

As for the PSE... it's a must hehe... I'm addicted to that induction noise in the cabin... especially good at about 4.5-6.5k rpm... the stock exhaust is hardly bad... just I happen to know how awesome a PSE sounds on these flat sixes... so I'm rather interested.

I'm still waiting on a quote back from Porsche warranty people... I'm still borderline going with Warranty Direct (they seem to be about the only company that don't force people to drag them through the courts for a claim as well as covering wear and tear failures, which Porsche won't) as it means I could go for a Miltek or Rennsport which are both nice and a 1/3 of the cost of the PSE, along with an aftermarket LSD that's rated quite highly.

Still umming and ahhing over potentials... I've got a few months to decide, will be continuing the warranty when the Dealer warranty expires, so don't plan on doing those bits much before the end of the year or early next.

Last pic looks good! Must be the angle of the others as the arch gap looks, quite big especially on 19s.

I think so :)

I'm sure I'll get plenty of practice taking better car photos now I have this... these were taken at the first semi-reasonable place I could find to pull over when the sun was peaking out from behind the clouds.

She looks immaculate. Enjoy it! :D

Looks a very well cared for example that does! Enjoy :D

She is! Absolutely beautiful condition. Paint condition is flawless. Apparently the wheels needed a refurb due to a few curbing marks (grrrr, women drivers)... but they're well balanced, so all is good :)

Even though it's nearly 6 years old, it still has that "new Porsche" smell... they're smell is quite distinctive to other cars, maybe it's the finish they put on the leather?

Drives like a dream... everything so tight and well stuck together. Highest mileage latest gen Porsche I've driven was a 911 C4S with about 140k km (bit under 90k miles) on the clock & that I could feel the bushes a bit wobbly and other bits (even though it was still a great car)... also drove a 14k km Porsche and the feeling of this Boxster is so close to that (play in steering / wobble / etc) it's fantastic :D

Interior pics :D :D

Very nice, always had a soft spot for these :)

I'm sure I'll get some in due course and update thread... sky's nice and clear today so I'll wait til golden hour and go and take some more photos... I'm in Poole at the moment and know the area really well (unlike where I was before).

I like it, but I wouldn't say this choice of paint colour would be my first choice if building my own from scratch... however I noticed something really nice about it on the drive south last night.

The way it reflects the pastel colours at sunset is really beautiful, it adds this extra dreamy shade in the reflection that's just plain pretty :D

Soldato
Defo... I'm really rather impressed with how well it slides and holds the slide even without a LSD... it's just that initial breakaway would be easier with the LSD and the LSD will make it feel a little bit more forcefully rear-driven (although the mid-balance is fantastic).

It seems to break grip before there's any annoying inner-wheel spinning up... which is great :D

Picking the car up to drift king in one day?!

Anyway, very nice motor.

Back
Top Bottom