What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
So live with wasting £1200? Or pay double again on top for someone else to do it?

I don't understand why you don't understand why I will keep taking it back until it's right? :D

I'm probably selling it once it's done. I can't gel to it, all I like about the car is that it's very fast on the road for what it is but that's it. Nothing else about it interests me.

Make him pay for someone competent to resolve it?

Soldato
We have to be realistic here, that would never happen. I already offered him £800 back to make me go away and he said I'll do the car again.

And he will keep doing it until it's right for all I care at the moment :)

Soldato
By the sound of it, if we're talking being realistic, it never will be right from constantly giving it back to an incompetent chancer, so why not at least try pushing him down that path.

Soldato
Leaky and mismatched exhaust join replaced with proper V-band joint (courtesy of Doritech motorsport in Halesowen).

nqrrd21.jpg

Also had the car door in bits today replacing the slightly rusty quarterlight trim, a fairly intimidating job this given how many fasteners you have to take apart, but not too bad if you are brave....this is the old part...

jdZaSWs.jpg

This is mid way through the job...

33qUwIf.jpg

Soldato
Had first big bill on the 335i, replaced all 6 injectors this morning. Quite an easy job tbh, coded them in INPA and all seems good. Replaced the plugs while I was at it and cleaned the vanos solenoids. Idle is dead steady now (was hunting slightly) but new injectors seem a little noisier than the old ones.

Soldato
Donington track evening yesterday, had great fun then blew the engine.
Today rolled it back with the door open and hit something, wrecked the door.
Not a good weekend.

Associate
Changed the oil and filter, replaced the rocker cover gasket and plug seals, cleaned the air filter, and replaced the blue temperature sensor which was causing her to not start very well warm (but fine hot or cold). I also took the opportunity to degrease and clean the cover while it was off. A job well done. :)
k9nVcND.jpg

ibgudbY.jpg

6C3SCQz.jpg

Soldato
That looks much better, any issues with brake bias now the fronts are much bigger?

If his is anything like mine then hell yeah, depends how he drives though when I upgraded mine the difference is nothing you'd be prepeared for especially under heavy breaking :D

Soldato
Fixed it!

Under WOT in 3rd at 4500rpm the Revs stopped building, there was a whoosing sound and turbo power was lost. There were no dash lights and the engine was fine when off boost.

I had "exactly" the same symptoms in my C5 when the lower pipe slipped off the right I/C so I was *fairly* certain it was another I/C pipe issue but I haven't seen this on any C6's yet.

Anyway, I opened the bonnet and the first thing that pops out at me -

audi59.jpg

The nearside intake manifold pipe had popped a jubilee clip - 30 second fix and something to keep an eye on. I may end up upgrading the pipe and clips on both sides anyway, just to be safe, as the other side needed re-tightening too and the pipe was slightly shorter.

I'm also thinking about doing the other two intercooler pipes as the lower ones were both very soft, probably with some black silicone pipes and proper aerospace clamps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom