RIAT 2015

Associate

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Some nice shots. Look forward to the actual show shots.
I haven't been for a few years now since they made it advance ticket only and the cost has crept up and up.
Lack of US participation recently is a big downer for me too.

Associate
Nice shots. I'll be heading there tomorrow. In fact as I have to be up in 5 hours to start the drive down I'm wondering if sitting on the internet isn't the best idea.......

Soldato
I went yesterday, had a great day the weather was a bit iffy during the morning but brightened up in the afternoon. It was nice the see the Battle of Britain 75th Anniversary tribute and the Red Arrows were fantastic.

A couple of the Red Arrows, pictures aren't great.

KpnzptEh.jpg.png

b43EUKhh.jpg.png

Associate
OP
A bit too tight on the A10 but otherwise great shots.
What lens & camera combo were you using?

Thanks! Nikon D7100 & Sigma 150-600mm Sport and statics shot with the 35mm F1.8

Have tickets for Sunday... hope the weather holds... Looking forward to seeing the Vulcan.
Prop trails are great........

Any recommendations on were to stand?

As close to the centre of the runway as possible as that's where most of the displays are centered from. Also keep your eye our for the Polish Mig-29 take off, it's pretty impressive!

Associate
Loving the A400 & F-18 shots. Venturing off there tomorrow, never been before so really looking forward too it. Hoping for decent weather as it's a bit of a journey & an early start to get there.

Associate
Need to get a sharper lens :( Taken with a D3200 and a Nikon 55-200mm.

DSC_3776 by Gregory Berry, on Flickr

DSC_2566 by Gregory Berry, on Flickr

DSC_2613 by Gregory Berry, on Flickr

DSC_2741 by Gregory Berry, on Flickr

DSC_2762 by Gregory Berry, on Flickr

DSC_2877 by Gregory Berry, on Flickr

DSC_3025 by Gregory Berry, on Flickr

DSC_3247 by Gregory Berry, on Flickr

DSC_3395 by Gregory Berry, on Flickr

DSC_3504 by Gregory Berry, on Flickr

DSC_3599 by Gregory Berry, on Flickr

DSC_3746 by Gregory Berry, on Flickr

Last edited:
Associate
Nice selection of photos. I'll have to go back again sometime now I have my SLR.

I'm a little surprised how noisy some of your photos are Greg if taken at ISO 100? Or is it post-sharpening or full cropping?

Associate
Nice selection of photos. I'll have to go back again sometime now I have my SLR.

I'm a little surprised how noisy some of your photos are Greg if taken at ISO 100? Or is it post-sharpening or full cropping?

The F/A-18 (second to last) surprised me to the point of anger with how noisy it is. It is cropped, not massively though, and no post sharpening to any of them. Some I like, while others just looked rubbish with how noisy they were.

What could cause it apart from sharpening or cropping?

Associate
The F/A-18 (second to last) surprised me to the point of anger with how noisy it is. It is cropped, not massively though, and no post sharpening to any of them. Some I like, while others just looked rubbish with how noisy they were.

What could cause it apart from sharpening or cropping?

The F-18 photo looks quite high in contrast. If you boosted this in post-processing further then it would exaggerate any noise present particularly if cropped down too.

I thought the D3200 would do a better job.

Associate
OP
Had a great day today with the weather, even if I do now resemble a tomato!
Looking forward to going through the shots tomorrow on my main PC.

For now here's a few shots of the Finnish F/A-18 and the Belgian F-16 from yesterdays display.

Posting from a tiny laptop so cant really tell if these are any good or not!

Untitled by Dan Partlett, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Soldato
Just back..... after a damp and blowy grey start it ended in blazing hot sunshine.... so yes also have the tomato effect...... and 919 shots to sort through....:eek:

Highlights, Typhoon and Spitfire syncro pair, Vulcan + reds. Mig 29.. though was more impressive years ago at the likes of Mildenhall airshow... if your that old ;)
How agile and impressive the Typhoon is..... F18 and 16 displays were also good.
Very good day all round....

Back
Top Bottom