Is 100k a high mileage?

Soldato
I'm scared to buy cars due to places like this! Doesn't help I'm still looking at the E46 330ci but it applies to most cars.

I didn't get a crazy long test drive in the car I bought from a small independant, was a blast down a stretch of NSL road and even got to overtake a few cars. Car was sat quite honestly, matching tyres with fronts a little low, discs were worn at the back but they sorted that out.

I did pay sticker but in the end they got the gearbox rebuilt a month later with no hassle to me. I didn't buy from another place as I didn't get the same feel from the guy and the front end was too good for a 83k car with patchy SH. To his credit he did just give me and a mate the keys and suggest a route we take.

My car also has 88k on it now vs a mates 40k in the basic same car, he's already replaced control arms whereas mine still feels nice and tight.....

Soldato
10k should get you a good s-max.

I looked at several before we bought ours (2012 Titanium X Sport, 2.2 200PS TDCi) and the condition seems to vary hugely.

They are family wagons that have a life in line with how much the owners care. I wouldn't mind what the mileage was in any way and base everything on condition and history.

Soldato
That car in the OP, no way is that a motorway cruiser with the wear on the steering wheel. An MPV like that was probably used as a taxi. What's with the massive hole in the rear bumper also?

Last edited:
Caporegime
My 4x4 has 136k miles on the clock - and it's an auto. Works fine, cheap enough if it does blow I won't care that much though.

Soldato
My Golf is on 233k. I had to replace the gearbox last week because it was utterly code f. the car was remapped at 90k miles, so yeah, 100k is too much because it will blow up

Back
Top Bottom