Do people actually play Arma III or America's Army here ?

Associate
I play Arma3 on The Wrecking Crew public realism server, the mod repo is fairly extensive but it's fairly straight forward to get going. PWS does 95% of the leg work for you.

Soldato
Do yourselves a favour and get on the EUTW CTI servers. Proper PvP without any of the stupid massive icons over friendly heads and *shudder* perks.

Associate
I play A3 but not public server, I'd rather stick my Johnson in meat grinder, which means I won't! :p

Why would that be? Some great gaming to be had online with ArmA, I really really loved the SP campaign and would pay full price for the game just for that, but you are missing loads of fun by not multiplaying it.

What are the differences between CTI, annex and invade and insurgency?

For that one I suggest you have a quick look at the vids on youtube, all the game types are explained on there somewhere.

Invade and Annex is Players vs AI, you have a main base and move out around the island clearing enemy controlled areas. Smaller side missions give rewards for the team such as extra tanks n jets.

Soldato
Why would that be? Some great gaming to be had online with ArmA, I really really loved the SP campaign and would pay full price for the game just for that, but you are missing loads of fun by not multiplaying it.

I meant, I'll play with a community on a closed server fine - I just can't stand the chaotic nature of trying to play as a team on a public server, no structure and you meet a lot of ..uh, well the world is a big place and there are a lot of idiots :p

Associate
I meant, I'll play with a community on a closed server fine - I just can't stand the chaotic nature of trying to play as a team on a public server, no structure and you meet a lot of ..uh, well the world is a big place and there are a lot of idiots :p

You've not tried TacBF then? Or the whitelisted events on CTI?

Public servers are often 'interesting' but that's part of the fun. I play mostly on CTI with a small group of 2-3. We get the teamwork enjoyment between ourselves, even if the rest of the team can't work together.

I've had my fair share of milsim experience and whilst the teamwork is top notch it can be too serious at times. I like being able to have a laugh too and public servers are perfect for that.

You are silly if you exclude yourself from every public server. Tons of fun to be had.

Back
Top Bottom