Ark: Survival Evolved - Dinosaur MMO/Survival PVP funz!

Associate
Playing on an official PVP Server atm, the desync on dinos is really annoying. Is that the same on most servers?

Also how the hell do I keep my dinos alive over night, every time I log back on my base front door is knocked down, storage boxes gone and dinos dead.

We tried massive Wood bases, with spikes all over, we tried lots of dinos to guard. Now we are trying small storage bases in the middle of no where, seems a bit pointless though.

Soldato
You have Stone and Metal above wood which is much more resiliant to metal weapons and dino attacks, explosives will still get through but likely if someone sees a wood base they just think easy target.

Associate
52A87A5B128883E129E6B1FF7414ACED99CC258C

Fear me.

Associate
Looking for a small pop pve server for me and a few mates. Currently playing on an official PVP server and getting sick of farming narcs and 2 hour tames only to log in the next day to find everything stolen/dead/destroyed.

Tried a few PVE servers and they are just massively cluttered with half built stuff everywhere, meaning there is no chance to locate in a nice place and build something up.

We don't have a great deal of time between us, so were not going to be any good to a PVP clan as we wont be able to contribute a huge amount.

Willing to put a few quid in to somebodies paypal account.

Associate
NathanT I have a 50 player dedicated PVE just recently started, building up a selective player base of casual mature players who want to progress steadily in the game without the fear PVP. It's frequently backed up / patched daily and dedicated so it's not going to disappear next week.

Feel free to drop me a email with your Steam name and i'll send you the pw and details to the server. [email protected]

Ed

Looking for a small pop pve server for me and a few mates. Currently playing on an official PVP server and getting sick of farming narcs and 2 hour tames only to log in the next day to find everything stolen/dead/destroyed.

Tried a few PVE servers and they are just massively cluttered with half built stuff everywhere, meaning there is no chance to locate in a nice place and build something up.

We don't have a great deal of time between us, so were not going to be any good to a PVP clan as we wont be able to contribute a huge amount.

Willing to put a few quid in to somebodies paypal account.

Soldato
Ready to summon the brood mother! Getting the devourer and pack artifacts wasn't easy (especially on our difficulty boosted server), but hopefully it will be worth it!

Associate
Ready to summon the brood mother! Getting the devourer and pack artifacts wasn't easy (especially on our difficulty boosted server), but hopefully it will be worth it!

Someone should put hours into taming it and then you should take it out for a ride, you'd be guaranteed to kill it then!

Dev the Ripper is what we should name you, you serial pet killing monster!

Soldato
You have a limit to the total number of skill points you can have.

You can set skills to "increase, lock or decrease" so you trains something up by doing it a lot then lock it in place.

If you decide that skill is no longer relevant you unlock and set to decrease, so it will remove points from it to increase elsewhere.

It removes the popular skill tree system from newer games and results in people having a much larger variety in skills. Eve Onlines kind of does this where no two people have skill trees but there is no max limit on skill points so you just keep training. I think Ultima and SWG were the last games I played that had this.

It can be a bit of a grind but it's much more realistic than levels.

I played a lot of ultima too, never quite had the system distilled down like that but indeed. That about covers it.

I remember... 3 power bars tho, 1 was health, 1 mana, what was the other?

It's quite true though that nothing since has been (quite) that open ended (elder scrolls online is almost as open and there's a few ultima luminaries on staff - has levels too though). It made complete sense and gave you a totally unique character/setup. You kinda learned what you were well equipped enough to handle by trial and (messy, death related) error too rather than being told "ok this is designed for someone of your level to beat".

Anyone considering some kinda indie RPG should really consider this as a "unique" angle to exploit.

I'll give this a look at some point. Would want the crafting to be pretty deep though so I'll wait a while and see. The picture up above of shiney pink armour man give me some hope it'll get to where I'd enjoy it fairly soon :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Someone should put hours into taming it and then you should take it out for a ride, you'd be guaranteed to kill it then!

Dev the Ripper is what we should name you, you serial pet killing monster!

RIP legs. He was a good raptor, and jumping down into the cave did clear the path for me to get the artifact.

Associate
I swear if(when?) I find out you've killed my bird, i'll be logging on in the middle of the night. Ill click and hold on every wall and floor we have, and demolish it all tile by tile till theres nothing left of anything we've built. Then ill be unclaiming the animals and then eating them with the t-rex. Then finaly the t-rex will be learning to swim.

Back
Top Bottom