Pro Cycling Discussion Thread 2015

Soldato
Got it recorded, will have to watch it when the mrs has relinquished her hold on the TV.

Not seen it as all I've generally been watching is Youtube catchups. Last time I looked the ITV catchup didn't have many previous episodes, like only 1 or 2, unless I'm missing something? :(

shows that the french are just arrogant xenophobic idiots.

They've proven it times before so I don't know why we're acting surprised again? Any excuses for not seeing much from the French riders! :D

Edit: Sagan grammar creeping in sorry

Last edited:
Soldato
I can see them all on my ITV player app on the PS3

Thanks, I'll have another check later on my PC. Might be the ITV app on my tablet being gash and the ITV catchup on my NowTV box being the same...!

Found some good reading here from Nicholas Roche including this gem from Sunday:

Thankfully there was no change in the overall standings today but there wasn't one single moment when it eased up either and the 47kph average speed driven by the tailwind saw us arrive in Valence 15 minutes before the team buses.

:o

Some great insight into how a race pans out, shame I've not actually seen the race yet! ;)

Soldato
Oh no :( what is wrong with Tejay??? He's stopped at side of road, they are saying his tour is over.... He hasn't crashed or anything, just stopped and is being hugged by BMC mechanics and such? :( sucks!

Soldato
Illness apparently. He did bloody well getting as far as he did if it's that serious, but it's a real shame. He was riding a brilliant tour. Wonder if anyone can challenge Valverde for third now...

Genuinely gutted :( I really like Tejay and he was riding one hell of a tour! Never good to see a main contender leave especially at this stage.

I think Contador will take 3rd from Valverde.

Soldato
What's with Roche and Porte being in the breakaway group? Would have thought they would have been required to stay with Chris Froome or at least conserve energy for the days to come in the aid of Froome.

Associate
Quite a few teams have riders up front in the breakaway, Contador has Rogers, Sagan and another from TS I believe. Movistar sent a few up front also. Different type of tactics in play today so interesting to see how it pans out!

Caporegime
What's with Roche and Porte being in the breakaway group? Would have thought they would have been required to stay with Chris Froome or at least conserve energy for the days to come in the aid of Froome.

Might be a tactical decision to have them pull them the break back as the rest of the team catch them from behind, and then all of a sudden Froome gains two allies from the front.

Man of Honour
If that doesn't happen, which it may not, it would just be a large waste of energy?

The team are there to serve the leader so in certain circumstances it would not be a waste of energy and if Froome doesn't need help from in front the team would be in a good position for a possible stage win.

Soldato
If that doesn't happen, which it may not, it would just be a large waste of energy?

Not with the amount of work they've actually been doing, and also can give them alternative energy, as rather than driving at 100% full gas at the bottom of the climbs, they can ease off to fall back into the Froome group to allow them to full gas later on the climb, which with Roche's form the past week barely being any assistance would certainly help.

Back
Top Bottom