***2015 Powerlifting Total Thread***

Man of Honour
May as well put the proverbial stake in the ground:

KiNgPiN83 ------------- 55+ / 80+ / 95+ --------------- [102] ------------ 230

135 shy of my all time PB but these are for reps at present. Not doing any 1rm until the 12 weeks of Stronglifts is up.

Congrats! It's always good to put down your first benchmark, it gives you something to work against/for. :)

Soldato
Congrats! It's always good to put down your first benchmark, it gives you something to work against/for. :)

Thanks

I originally hit 360 back in 2013 and only increased it to 365 in early 2014. Gym work then seemed to stop as real life/work took over.. However I'm hoping with my new gym at home, a better diet and steady training I can hit 400 by Christmas. :)

Soldato
I calculate our wilks difference to be about 37 points? Plus let me drop a **** ton of water weight, I normally retain my lifts after ;)

Stick FF on the sauce for a bit too and level the playing field, then compare Wilks scores :rolleyes::p

(Nothing against use at all, far from it, just unreasonable comparisons are silly).

Man of Honour
I have more hair on my chest... erm... yeah! :p

92kg @ 615kg total. 388 I think - so yes as you say about 37. :) You need a 660kg total to overtake me at your bodyweight :)

Your bench will always be superior to mine, my shoulder doesn't allow me heavy benching any more :(

It's rather flattering that you're chasing my total me being an older natty trainer - but Rei's is more of a target, he's closer to your weight but he's natty too - but he's actually strong rather than average like me. :)

Man of Honour
Stick FF on the sauce for a bit too and level the playing field, then compare Wilks scores :rolleyes::p

(Nothing against use at all, far from it, just unreasonable comparisons are silly).

Agreed - but still it's flattering that he's using me as the yardstick when there are other stronger more comparable guys on here. :)

Soldato

92kg @ 615kg total. 388 I think - so yes as you say about 37. :) You need a 660kg total to overtake me at your bodyweight :)

Your bench will always be superior to mine, my shoulder doesn't allow me heavy benching any more :(

It's rather flattering that you're chasing my total me being an older natty trainer - but Rei's is more of a target, he's closer to your weight but he's natty too - but he's actually strong rather than average like me. :)

Average? Dude, you're a tank..

Soldato

I must mention I've only been training for two years.

Man of Honour
Well it's absolutely flattering to be someone's inspiration for lifting :) Thank you for the confidence boost. :)

Good luck on your lifts (don't forget to post vids!) and hope you breach my totals. Though I am aiming for a Wilks score of 400 this year - so hopefully that'll make you work a bit harder if I manage to achieve it!

Don't forget though, that even if you do overtake me (which I'm sure you will) in both totals and Wilks, I will always be better than you by virtue of the fact that I'm natty ;)

Soldato
Natty hero itt you've turned this from light hearted competition into what seems to be descending into another natty vs juice thread

Also ff I think you are flattering yourself you are simply above me on the leauge so I'm looking at who's getting beaten next, if we wanted a natty vs juice lifts thread why don't we make one?

Man of Honour
Don't let that roid rage flare up eh?

What's with the animosity? I don't think highly of myself - in fact you're flattering me that you're using me as inspiration, and I fully expect you to surpass me. If you don't, then you need to train harder and better and/or understand training better.

If you cannot take a bit of clearly humorous banter then you need to take a bit of a look at yourself and re-evaluate your life.

You know what, whatever, you clearly want to be top dog. This was a bit of light hearted banter that you've taken personally because you're clearly insecure about how you're performing, or what you're doing, or other deep rooted issues. I'm happy to chat to you about them if you want, but to have a pop at me is unacceptable.

Look, I have respect for you for lifting, and being honest about your "supplementation" - kudos to you. However you need to lighten up.

Secondly, there has never been a natty vs gear debate - there is no debate as they are not comparable. At all.

Associate
I'm hoping to get the 120kg deadlift for my new 300kg total (ermahgerd so stronk! topkek...) filmed tonight but doing a lot of lighter deadlifts for the wod first too so might end up being a little sissy...

Back
Top Bottom