Do you agree with the right to defend yourself with deadly force?

Caporegime
agree with the right... but it should be proportional - what is proportional over here isn't the same as what is acceptable over there - they seem to go with the idea that even being punched could sometimes be deadly ergo... you're OK to pull the gun out.... but the idea in general that people should be carrying around concealed weapons in the first place is pretty retarded so you unfortunately end up in retarded situations like that

Soldato
Having watched the vid, yup without a shadow of doubt the shot guy deserved it as did his mate mr Black who threw a punch he was lucky he backed off when the pistol was shown, I would never shake hands in that situation.

Caporegime
do they ever shoot the legs or is it always a kill shot

you're always taught to aim for the center of mass. trying to hit limbs is risky (more likely to miss and hit someone else) and you're still likely to sever arteries.

center of mass = easiest target and also the quickest way to stop the threat.

Permabanned
http://www.pfoa.co.uk/110/shooting-to-wound

"When I encounter civilian response to officer-involved shootings, it's very often 'Why didn't they just shoot him in the leg?'" Dr. Bill Lewinski, executive director of the Force Science Institute, told Force Science News in a 2006 interview centered on Paterson's proposed legislation. "When civilians judge police shooting deaths-on juries, on review boards, in the media, in the community-this same argument is often brought forward. Shooting to wound is naively regarded as a reasonable means of stopping dangerous behavior.

"In reality, this thinking is a result of 'training by Hollywood,' in which movie and TV cops are able to do anything to control the outcomes of events that serve the director's dramatic interests. It reflects a misconception of real-life dynamics and ends up imposing unrealistic expectations of skill on real-life officers."

Soldato
Response should be proportional.

Shooting someone in the face for giving you a bit of a slap isn't proportional; shooting someone in the face for threatening you with a knife might very well be.

I'd rather not have citizens armed with such immediate means of lethal force; plenty of people get involved in altercations, I wouldn't want to see people getting shot over a scuffle.

Soldato
Response should be proportional.

Shooting someone in the face for giving you a bit of a slap isn't proportional; shooting someone in the face for threatening you with a knife might very well be.

I'd rather not have citizens armed with such immediate means of lethal force; plenty of people get involved in altercations, I wouldn't want to see people getting shot over a scuffle.

I'd rather kill someone than be hurt or potentially killed if he kicks my head or throws me down and I get killed or crippled.

Back
Top Bottom