**** Sony Xperia Z3 ****

Soldato
^True it's laughable how OEMs take Sony's sensor and get better results. Sony need to go back to the drawing board and look at their software processing.

Consumers just like to point and shoot as you say and most people wouldn't even know how to access manual mode, only the like of us would as we're all technologically aware.
And it's crazy how you praise their Z3 and yet don't own one. So again they have done something wrong. For you, not putting enough internal storage. Something fixed with the Z3+.

Soldato
And it's crazy how you praise their Z3 and yet don't own one. So again they have done something wrong. For you, not putting enough internal storage. Something fixed with the Z3+.

How is it is crazy? What's got your back up kona? What's it got to do with you???

I owned one for more than 7 months which speaks volumes as I don't usually own a phone for more than 3-4 months. I'd easily go back to one.

You're overlooking the fact that the SoC is borked on the Z3+ why should I have a microwave in my pocket?

Would you accept a phone if a chip has been universally panned? Wow 32GB internal storage....I must buy the phone even though the SoC sucks.

Get real....

Soldato
How is it is crazy? What's got your back up kona? What's it got to do with you???

I owned one for more than 7 months which speaks volumes as I don't usually own a phone for more than 3-4 months. I'd easily go back to one.

You're overlooking the fact that the SoC is borked on the Z3+ why should I have a microwave in my pocket?

Would you accept a phone if a chip has been universally panned? Wow 32GB internal storage....I must buy the phone even though the SoC sucks.

Get real....

LOL I think you have misinterpreted my post quite a lot.

I was saying how you really liked your Z3 but don't own one anymore because Sony in their wise wisdom only kitted it out with 16GB. On a 2014 flagship.

And now they've added more storage they go and fail the Z3+ by releasing it with a toasty chip, which they should have remedied with a software underclock or disable 2 of the A57's when the temps get high. Or go with the 808.

Soldato
Well, it might not have the best camera but the button more than makes up for that, how many times have you wanted to get a quick shot but opening the camera app takes too much time and its gone?

Brilliant feature imo, now if only I didn't have to send my bloody Z3 away already. :p

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
On 5.1 when you plug your phone into the charger does it still give you an estimated time until fully charged?

I didn't even notice this was gone off the lockscreen! Although Having had it for so long on 5.0.2 I know how long it will take now anyway, but should you still want to see ETA then it is there in the battery use screen though so it's not all bad:

rps20150731_193147.jpg

Soldato
Yay we're all friends again! :)

I find myself missing my Z3. My OnePlus One has become very unstable.

;).

Thing I find so annoying is just the lack of advertising, and branding. Sony unlike someone like HTC has deep pockets, but I hardly ever see an Ad, and when I do it meh, I don't feel interested.

As a whole everyone needs to learn form Apple, some of their recent Ads are meh, but in generally they never focus on Specs, or features, or mostly even mention price. Its all about the experience, it all seems cool and exciting, for most people it works. They can't tell you why they want an iPhone, just that they do. With Android its always Spec X, and feature Y.

Mobster
Soldato
The OnePlus One is a good phone but I just feel like the software is beta.

For instance, the other day I was trying to call an automated system to pay for parking. I had to make the call five times because the phone kept cutting me off. On the fourth attempt the phone froze completely and then crashed.

It's also often getting very hot: I think it is overheating.

Never had my Z3 crash. It did get a bit warm but it always remained stable and smooth.

Associate
So is this the big announcement we were expecting from Sony tomorrow?

Xperia C5 Leak

I'm assuming the C5 is entirely different from the Z5 and they haven't merged the two so there is still a Z5 coming soon

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yes the C5 is not a flagship device, it's a mid range one going by the specs so we can expect the Z5 to be greater than the Z3 now considering the C5 specs. I suppose what has happened is that rumours got muddied between C5 and Z5.

At least I hope so anyway...

On another note, I realise now how some people ghet insane screen on time with phones, last night I fell asleep browsing reddit and must have dozed while viewing a gif, I woke up with a warm phone but nothing major, and the gif looping in the viewer, screen on:

Screenshot_2015-08-02-11-16-00.jpg

So this kind of points out that screen on time is somewhat meaningless given that phones will vary by huge amounts depending on what media or app is using the screen. In my instance an animated gif was looping and consumed just over 30% battery for 6 hours SoT.

Back
Top Bottom