Penalty Charge Notices London = JOKE!!

Associate
OP
Should have posted the sob story from the OP into a post it note and then stuck it to your car window. Parking Plod might have let you off.

I'll try that, although it wasn't a traffic warden so maybe the CCTV camera wouldn't be able to focus on a post it note. I'll go for an A0 print then it should be able to see it.

I'll print it on the roof of the car in fact that would remove any worry they won't see it.

Associate
I can sympathise! I was recently issued a PCN for stopping in a box junction. Like many others in this thread only my rear wheels were touching the box junction and I was stopped for only a few seconds. My circumstances were that there was a space in the adjacent lane across the junction so I indicated to change lanes and entered the junction, only to be beaten to the gap by another driver. This meant I had to stay in my lane where there wasn't quite enough space to get across.

If you crawl at a slow speed across the junction then although you may actually cause an obstruction you won't have to come to a stop before the traffic on the other side clears!

Soldato
Are these fully automated systems or is there an operator? I've only been had once (A1000 Highgate) and my back wheels were only just in the first hatch due to the numpty in front deciding he wanted to be in the outside lane instead of filtering further up the road :mad: Picture even demonstrated this, was contemplating an appeal but not really worth the effort

Soldato
Love it when people get so pointlessly worked up and use that sort of language for such humdrum situations. It's an SCAM!!! What a JOKE!! Lol, OK then

2263308-South-Park-rabble-rabble-rabble_medium_zps10bafe56.jpg

Caporegime
Love it when people get so pointlessly worked up and use that sort of language for such humdrum situations. It's an SCAM!!! What a JOKE!! Lol, OK then

2263308-South-Park-rabble-rabble-rabble_medium_zps10bafe56.jpg

As said above, I'm sure the powers that be are fully aware that certain junctions would be at a total standstill for hours in London if people didn't use common sense in and around them, but while it's only individuals involved they're happy to throw tickets out to keep the coffers full.

If everyone followed the letter of the law in and around these things, every rush hour morning in London, the city would be at a complete standstill for hours. It would then be interesting to see the police having to turn up every morning to get the traffic flowing again, sort out all the crashes and stop all the fights lol. I somehow suspect the silliness of many of the areas would be quickly changed if so...

Last edited:
Associate
It's a money-making scheme and you got unlucky.

Follow anyone around for long enough and you'll eventually find something you could slap a fine on them for.

Soldato
Except it's not. It's never that simple. There are some junctions where, if you don't go into the yellow box, you'll never move. Because by the time the queue moves, another bunch of traffic from the side will have moved in to fill the space. There's no winning in these situations - you either break the law, or you sit there for hours.

So because they break the law, you do as well. Sound logic. They will get tickets if they break the law, so did the OP.

Back
Top Bottom