Audi owners in here!

Man of Honour
How stupid would a non-S Line C6 A6 with stock suspension look with 255/35 19s on?

Why would you do that unless it comes with them (Meaning you'd already know what they look like)? It'll ruin the ride and you don't buy a car like that for handling...

Caporegime
Pretty daft. I'd also not want the tyre bill for those.

Alternatively, sell the wheels and buy some more, in a more sensible size. Pretty sure there will be someone out there who wants gigantic wheels :p

mjt

mjt

Soldato
It's currently on 16" winter tyres and looks ridiculous.
Saw some 19" speedlines for a decent price on eBay.

I'll need to get some 17s or 18s. Made a spreadsheet with tyre prices this afternoon- 18s are like £50 a set more.
But I can't seem to find any decent 18s for sale, and I'm not buying new.

Associate
I think 18's should look ok and "fill the gap" so to speak. Might be worth having a look only for cars like it for sale to see what wheels they are running (possibly a bit of guess work mind).

Caporegime
I guess the EU market is worse than the UK market then.

I picked up a 2nd set of the same 17s I already have on my car, with 4 almost new Continental ContiSport 3s (over 7mm tread on all 4) for £295.

There are a few nicks on them (my originals are mint), so I'm going to get the tyres swapped over to my wheels and then put winter tyres on the 2nd hand set.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I think 18's should look ok and "fill the gap" so to speak. Might be worth having a look only for cars like it for sale to see what wheels they are running (possibly a bit of guess work mind).
I did. SEs on 16s or S Lines on 18s-20s.

More research needed.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
[TW]Fox;28406024 said:
Why would you do that unless it comes with them (Meaning you'd already know what they look like)? It'll ruin the ride and you don't buy a car like that for handling...
Didn't you put 19s on your SE 530d? ;)

Anyway, looks ridiculous on 16s. Eyeing up some 18" replacements on eBay.

Ny04cRx.jpg

Soldato
Has anyone fitted any paddle extensions for the flappy paddles behind the steering wheel?

I know two people that have the £30 "stick on" carbon extensions from eBay and both have since removed them as they're crap and I know one in Germany with a grub-screw version which were about £200+ (again in CF) and he still has his.

The biggest issue is the attachment. The screw versions damage the original paddle and the stick-on versions fail too easily.

Soldato
So

B8 A4 3.0 tdi Avant - Friend is looking at one and asking me questions but I don't think I have ever actually driven one of that generation A4.

I've experienced the 3.0 tdi in the A6 and think it's a good unit, but have little to no feelings based on real world exposure R.e the rest of the car. It's an SE that's been pretty well specced with xenons an ridiculous twinkly front lights, double glass roof, nav, infotainment looks good, heated seats, electric boot (standard?) etc and tbh it seems like a decent all round (if expensive) package to me.

2009 (i think) car, 65k and about £13.5k. I can see the appeal, he will use it to commute most of the week then chuck dogs and or bikes in it at the weekend. The boot seems a better shaoe than the e91 and the design still looks fresh to me

Last edited:
Soldato
Apparently went to see it at the weekend - didn't want that specific one but has decided he wants one over an a6.

Never mentioned steering but it wouldn't surprise me, I hate it in pretty much everything I've driven that was released after about 2008/9. Said the dsg worked well with the engine and didn't notice any particular lag when pulling away - boot is apparently quite a bit bigger than the b6/7

I'll tag along next time, quite interested in having a good look round one.

Soldato
Anyone had experience with audi warranty? Still got some left so don't have to worry just yet but....

I ran a quote for the TT and it came out at just over £500 with no excess and about £400 with £100 excess for all component cover. This doesn't seem like a bad price to pay considering how much things cost if something goes wrong (labour costs!).

Associate
Anyone had experience with audi warranty? Still got some left so don't have to worry just yet but....

I ran a quote for the TT and it came out at just over £500 with no excess and about £400 with £100 excess for all component cover. This doesn't seem like a bad price to pay considering how much things cost if something goes wrong (labour costs!).

Mine will be out next July so will be interested to hear about that too. I think I will be extending it as I have already had the car in twice for work. Adding up the cost shows that it is worth it.

Back
Top Bottom