ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 144hz 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync.

Soldato
It seems DP 1.3 is the big hold up... and GPU power. I honestly thought we'd see ultra wide 1440p @120/144Hz this year, but clearly we won't now. I suspect that's at least a year away once DP 1.3 is out and GPU's actually support it. Even if it were out now, you'd be lucky to get over 100fps in the AAA games anyway (unless you have some kind of uber triple SLI 980Ti set-up), rendering anything above 100Hz somewhat pointless. It actually makes an argument for the Acer Predator XR341CK, but I think that's wayyy too expensive for what it is (circa £1000 by most accounts).

For the foreseeable future, I think 1440p at 144Hz with G-Sync/Freesync is going to be the sweetspot. Pair that with a quality IPS screen in the likes of the PG279Q with minimal IPS glow and no serious bleed issues (this is ESSENTIAL), and you'll have many happy gamers and professionals alike.

Man of Honour
Asus press team have just told me they are not expecting review samples of the PG279Q until mid August at the moment. They normally get them a few weeks before they are available in retail. Their sales person had previously told them "early August" but there had been a mix up with the originalo PG278Q ROG Swift model, and so there's a chance that tweek from Asus was based on similar info.

Realistically i don't expect sample until second half of Aug, and retail stock in September seems likely.

Associate
I like the idea of this monitor, but I can't get on with that red circle and logo on the base... just makes the whole thing look cheap (which you know it won't be!).

Man of Honour
I like the idea of this monitor, but I can't get on with that red circle and logo on the base... just makes the whole thing look cheap (which you know it won't be!).

You should be able to turn it off (can on the TN ROG Swift).

I'm not overly fussy about IPS glow/bleed but the pictures I've seen of it are beyond what I would tolerate :S

Associate
So what's the word on the street with this one, ASUS have been remarkably quiet, hope there aren't any troubles that would push back release.

Soldato
So what's the word on the street with this one, ASUS have been remarkably quiet, hope there aren't any troubles that would push back release.

Asus said late Q3, Asus swe said Q4, TFTcentral said review mid august and release weeks after that, hopefully that is the case.

Associate
August/September is always an exciting time of year :D

shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

Back
Top Bottom