Windows 10 sound issue

Associate
hello!

Recently upgraded to windows 10 and have realtek onboard sound with my asrock z77. Anyway I can be playing a game and the sound will just cut out and wont come back until I've restarted my pc. If i try and play a test sound in windows i get a message saying the device is being used by a different process, I've been through task manager and theres nothing glaringly obvious that jumps out at me.

I know its not completely stuffed but its also a tad annoying lol

anyone else having any issues or know what the problem could be????

Soldato
I had this with my Soundblaster card. The volume also seemed to be changing up and down a bit before the complete cut out.

I checked Creative's website, and they aren't bringing out a W10 compatible driver until September, so I assume that is the problem for me. Luckily I have been able to switch to my onboard sound, and all is good.

Obviously, you don't have that solution available. Have you tried looking for an updated driver for your onboard sound? Mind you, the onboard which is now working for me is Realtek.

Associate
OP
yeah checked drivers as far as i'm aware theres only one driver so far for realtek onboard sound on windows 10, also googled around to see if anyone else has had similar issues.I 'm wondering if its just the waiting game until they sort more drivers for win 10.

Back
Top Bottom