**** The Official Note 4 thread ****

Caporegime
Weird bug with my camera/gallery. I have always had that issue where the phone takes an age from the picture been taken to the phone allowing you to interact with the picture (seen it on other Note 4s as well). However now when you click on the thumbnail to go into the gallery, it jumps to a screen of only my home screen wallpaper and then locks the phone. Any one heard of this?

Soldato
I just followed word for word and it worked first time.

Though now I have walked in to the issue of android trying to force me to upgrade to lolipop, it's downloaded the 1gb update even though I had turned off update, is there any way around this? A fair bit of googling suggests the only option is to root and even then you run the risk of wakelock problems?

Caporegime
I have seen people mention how aggressive that update notification can be, pretty sure there is a solution but as you said I think you may need root.

Soldato
Someone please stop me thinking of going back to ios!! There better be a decent android device before the end of September else I don't think I can hold back!

Soldato
I just followed word for word and it worked first time.

Though now I have walked in to the issue of android trying to force me to upgrade to lolipop, it's downloaded the 1gb update even though I had turned off update, is there any way around this? A fair bit of googling suggests the only option is to root and even then you run the risk of wakelock problems?

I followed this :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4/general/tutorial-how-to-downgrade-to-kitkat-t3120445

Associate
I was on the fence about reverting back to KK but I did it and the difference in battery life is staggering!!

The phone has been off charge since 08:00, I've used it for loads of things as usual, internet, youtube videos, games uploading to instagram etc etc etc and it's showing 3:38mins screen on time and I'm still on 38% battery.

Well worth doing, even though I do miss the material look.

Caporegime
I don't think so though I haven't looked yet.

I didn't notice improved battery life at the weekend but I was using the GPS/Maps/Edmundo heavily which I don't normally do so hard to compare.

This morning, just under an hour's screen time (mainly watching a show) and on 92% battery :)

I am using Greenify and Package Disabler. As lmfy2k says, I do miss LP style and animations.

Soldato
Zero wake lock for me, stock kk and still not sorted out the LP update. 1 day, 8hours and 40mins with 4hours 20mins screen on, 30% left. Mine is back to flat lining overnight, it's actually going to sleep :p

Back
Top Bottom