AH Future Proof Computer Refresh 2015

Associate
OP
That bottom card will never be able to breathe with that type of cooler, been there and done it with a H440 and CF MSI 290x's, you would have been better off with reference design coolers or hybrids.

Other than that looks very tidy indeed, perhaps get some cable combs to sort out them PCI-E braids, hows that H100i GTX cooling?
H100i GTX cooling is fine, just spews out LOTS of heat, I am considering changing the stock fans to Corsair high performance fans to create a better negative pressure within the case

Associate
OP
nice build log.
I really like the look of the board as well and the Zotac cards look nice.

again I would be worried about the heat on the second card as it looks really close to the case.
Surprisingly there is at least a thumb height between the GPU and the case, although it looks close, it may be just the angle of the photo :)

Soldato
H100i GTX cooling is fine, just spews out LOTS of heat, I am considering changing the stock fans to Corsair high performance fans to create a better negative pressure within the case

I know their noisy but don't do it, the standard fans are the best for the cooler, they spin faster and move more air (check the specs) did it myself last weekend and went back to stock fans temps moved up 7c.

You need a way to get that warm air out and away from the case, looking at it I'm guessing them holes are to small for it to blow out, try popping the mesh off and see what happens then, I bet the temp in the case drops, I had to do this with the vents on the side of my H440 at the top, keeps my face lovely and warm in the winter now. Though saying that the coolers on the GPU's just throw out hot air everywhere so you'll have this to deal with some how as well.

Last edited:

n3x

n3x

Associate
No throttling just yet, I may do water cooling however am still unsure as I don't have the patience :)

Install MSI Afterburner and check the temp limits. On defaults mine throttle's the boost at anything over 83c so if you're hitting 90 I suspect it is...

Back
Top Bottom