**** The Official Note 5 thread ****

Associate
I honestly can't think of anything they could have done to make it worse. 3000ma battery, no SD card? A serious WTF Samsung. Those are the 2 main features of the Note series. And they kept harping on about the size, well there are plenty of phones of comparable size now. If you don't give people expandability and battery life they will be leaving android in droves.

Combine that with the sketchy release dates, unreliable firmware updates and you have yourself a phone not many will bother with. Didn't even mention GearVR either.

Caporegime
Well... it sure looks pretty and I'm sure the camera is incredible but aside from that cant really think of a reason to buy one. Does seem like samsung have lost the plot a bit - listend to the presentation for 20 mins or so and it all felt really awkward (or are all samsung events like that?) with no one really sounding like they we're into it.

Yes they really are. I like Rachel Riley but watching her at a previous Samsung event was cringey. There always seems to be this very forced positive energy that instead reeks of awkwardness. I don't like the Apple hysteria generated at the stores when an iPhone gets released but their launch announcements/presentations for iPhones appear simple, informative and work (or at least the parts I have seen do).

Either I am getting older and less enthusiastic about new tech or new tech is becoming a lot more lacklustre.

Soldato
Yeah poor show IMO. Other than the fast wireless charging and the 4GB RAM I'm not impressed.

No 128GB model?

This thread seems like its going be a be a tad light on actual Note 5 Owners going forward.

Man of Honour
Either I am getting older and less enthusiastic about new tech or new tech is becoming a lot more lacklustre.

It's nothing to do with getting older. You're getting less enthusiastic because there is no new tech just very boring small incremental steps in the product lines. What makes it worse is the Samsung are now removing elements that make a difference and we now have another bland product line which in the UK will get even less support.

Looks like the time has come to look towards Google again.

Soldato
This Note 5 is near perfect. They just got stupid and greedy.

Make the battery 3500-4000mAh and add an sd slot, then make the software as light and fast as poss with quick updates. Simples. Add stereo speakers too.

If they did this I think there would be next to no complaints and I'd pay £550 for one.

Look at the Note 4 thread, can disappear into obscurity for days :o:p

...and with only lag and battery complaints reviving the thread. LOL oh dear Samsung.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've been looking forward to this phone for a year only to find it's not coming to the UK on release and the only good thing about it is the s-pen, can't see many Note 5 hopefuls buying the s6+edge in its place so a double bad move by Sammy, the only emotion I feel through the obvious sense of emptiness is that I'm glad I already have an s6.

Caporegime
That's because the majority are happy with theirs and you only get to hear from the wingers about their battery problems. :p

I will have you know, I am a mere nagger ;):p

What about the S6 thread, a lot more buzz in there which I presume is more general talk rather than nearly 5,000 posts moaning.

Appreciating the videos, downloading them all for the journey home :). Look forward to MKBHD's video.

Another confirmation that we're only getting the S6 Edge+:

http://www.engadget.com/2015/08/13/samsung-galaxy-note-5-uk/

The Beeb is saying the same as well. I mean, like, why the hell "launch" a phone in this country, when we're not going to have it?

www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-33859952

No sd card and no swappable battery = Note 4 for me. Would save me a few quid I suppose.

Yeah I went for the Note 4 as well last month. SD card slot and removable battery. Looks like this will be Samsung's last phone with these features :eek: A pity because I've been a fan of Samsung for years and I'm loving the Note 4 to bits, but this might well end up being my last Samsung phone :(

Man of Honour
The Beeb is saying the same as well. I mean, like, why the hell "launch" a phone in this country, when we're not going to have it?

www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-33859952

Yeah I went for the Note 4 as well last month. SD card slot and removable battery. Looks like this will be Samsung's last phone with these features :eek: A pity because I've been a fan of Samsung for years and I'm loving the Note 4 to bits, but this might well end up being my last Samsung phone :(

Last one for me, SD Card and swappable battery were why I bought it, might as well get an iPhone next time around..

Back
Top Bottom