I like Windows 10.

Associate
I did a recent, unforced upgrade via Windows Update on my mother's PC. What a seamless experience! Amusingly she hasn't even realised that she's not using Windows 8.1 any more.

I won't even bother with a clean install on that computer because it is running so well as it is. I myself have a PC running a clean installation of Windows 10. It performs no better than when it was running the upgraded installation.

Associate

V F

V F

Soldato
never had a problem with 7,8,8.1 or 10. I must be unbelievably lucky...

Vista was the pain. Slow network transfers, lots of files in a folder and explorer would turn to (not responding). That and it was an endless hard drive grinder when inactive.

Pet Northerner
Don
Apart from the icons I like it :)

This. Some of the icons don't sit well with me. That being said that's just a personal thing and when I cba I'll change them :p

Apart from that I love the OS. Especially the Xbox1 streaming, as it allows me / wife to game away from the big TV if the other is watching something.

Associate
I love windows 10. Took 5 minutes after first finished boot to correct the little annoyances ( disable updates, shut down cortana and disable all privacy tracking, one drive, etc.. ).

All my games work the same as 8.1 except I'm using significantly less vram at 4k which is awesome!

I give it a large thumbs up lol.

tnx

tnx

Associate
Apart from the icons I like it :)

I do not like the icons either.
I copied the .dll file from Win 8.1 where the icons live.
Pasted into Win 10. Made a folder in root so it would not brake any links if it was on a seperate drive.
Then just changed the properties of the icons i did not like and pointed them to the Win 8.1 .dll file.
Like the recycle bin. Win 8.1 looked a lot nicer.
Works ok for me.

Last edited:
Associate
for those of us not stuck in the dark ages or oblivious to the privacy policies we've been signing up to for years.

If this was just an "I like win10" thread, you wouldn't have said this. :p

Anyway, I like Win10, I don't use it though, and probably never will. Not for privacy reasons either.

Soldato
I don't actively dislike it (I don't plan to reinstall 7/8 on work machine) but I don't actively like it either (wouldn't choose to install it on gaming rig or personal laptop). For every improvement I seem to have found another thing that's worse, overall I think 8.1 was a better O/S.

Soldato
I don't actively dislike it (I don't plan to reinstall 7/8 on work machine) but I don't actively like it either (wouldn't choose to install it on gaming rig or personal laptop). For every improvement I seem to have found another thing that's worse, overall I think 8.1 was a better O/S.

I think you will find once we start getting DX12 games it will be the gaming OS of choice, personally I have no issues with it and don't get hung up on UI/layout like some users, to me it's just another new Windows OS that is easy to adapt to.

End of the day Win10 is very stable and works fine for me, there's nothing really for me to be concerned with so quite happy using Win10.

Back
Top Bottom