Acer XB270HU - Worlds First IPS, 1440p, 144hz, Gsync

Associate
pdxd5.jpg

Indeed. ;)

Associate
Just waiting for the money to reappear in my account now from acer.

Not sure which one to go for now.

Was considering a "V2" of these with the hope of a decent one finally. Yet the first review I see on a competitors site said he bought 2. 1 didnt work at all and the other had more glow than "the Sun's corona at a solar eclipse".

Quite simply this monitor is a no go.
I think its even gone past being funny now :)

Last edited:
Associate
Glad it's not just the model I decided to buy from a competitor.

Just waiting for them to stop messing me around so I can buy a different monitor altogether.

Associate
I've been using this monitor Since early April and it's awesome to say the least.

If you can be bothered to look into my post history you'll see I was worried about some bloom I could see in a totally dark room but I've not noticed it once since then.

Still happy I bought it.

Associate
I've been using this monitor Since early April and it's awesome to say the least.

If you can be bothered to look into my post history you'll see I was worried about some bloom I could see in a totally dark room but I've not noticed it once since then.

Still happy I bought it.

Of course, when they are pixel perfect they really are awesome. Just way to many faulty panels to play a lottery over. Seems you got lucky :)

Associate
I was think of playing the monitor lottery with this monitor but then i seen this statement on a well know website.So now i dont know what to do.Plus overclockers has dropped the price again.I wonder why.

Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by A**zon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

Associate
I like my XB270HU, no issues with the panel itself. and the glow bottom right definitely seemed to diminish over time.

However, what does concern me, is the build quality of the bezel and the power LED bleed is abysmal, and make the monitor look like some sort of cheap supermarket monitor. It looks like 150 quids worth of monitor, not £700.

My biggest fear though, is for the resale value of the screen should I ever decide I want to change.

And.. just noticed that they are currently under £600 on here, which is a bit of a bummer!

Associate
Guys that have had a refund via Acer,

How long did the refund take after the monitor was sent back, I'm 7 days in now and not seen or heard anymore from Acer.

Thanks

Been 12 days since both monitors were collected, heard nothing also.

My refund only took 3 days after they received the screens back. It was Mark from the Acer escalation team that arranged my refund because it was him that was dealing with my replacements.

Last edited:
Associate
My faulty Acers (for I went through two trying to find a decent one) were collected last Thursday, and the refund cleared into my account today. I have been dealing with Mark at Acer throughout. Shame it came to this, guess there's a lesson to be learned about jumping on bleeding-edge untested tech.

Associate
So.... I decided to try a "V2" version of this monitor. Oh what a fool I was...

Need I say more?

Back in the box it goes.

4th and final time.

Never experienced this purchasing such a "High end" item before. Simply stunned.

Associate
So.... I decided to try a "V2" version of this monitor. Oh what a fool I was...

Need I say more?

Back in the box it goes.

4th and final time.

Never experienced this purchasing such a "High end" item before. Simply stunned.

There are no V2" versions of this screen. They don't exist. it has been confirmed already that the places selling the Acer XB270HU dubbed as supposedly V2" versions are actually selling the old march 2015 batches.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom