Nostalgia (Commodore 64)

OcUK Staff
OP
I am tempted to sell one of them, but keep the better quality one with the box. You never know, I guess it could be worth something years to come.

I need to set it up too and try some of the games!

Man of Honour
Wow!!

Honestly, that lot brings a tear to my eye. There's stuff there that I had, that I had forgotten about. Fond, fond memories. In fact, I had most of the stuff there, which is probably a bit bizarre. The things like the giant disc box, I had the same one. I even remember the manuals now.. Wow.

Thanks so much for sharing, appreciate it.

Last edited:
Soldato
This actually brought me to a blubbering mess. I lost my dad a few months back, we had so many amazing times playing on my Commodore 64 (and 16, and Acorn and Amiga lol) Some of these games just bring back certain memories for me, and those books, wow...that really got me going. I remember dad being so keen on buying me books every month, we would sit down and run through making a programme for hours, then for it to not work. So many incredible games there, man I would do anything to go back to that time with my Dad again.

I Love you Dad, RIP mate xx

And sorry to hear of your loss 5UB, condolences mate.

Soldato
I had a C64 from launch and had it for 13 years. I loved to to bits and played it almost everyday. I had a **** ton of games for it but the only one i see in the photos i actualy had was The DamBusters. Me and my brother played that for hours!

I tempted to buy the old breadbin version again on Ebay as the newer one had it's soundchip replaced and due to that the samples where much quieter. You'd notice this on things like Turbo Outrun

C64

C64

Soldato
Did you know there was a commodore 64 cartridge based console too in the 90's ? I had one loved flimbos quest.
I started on a zx81 at school that's where the computer bug bit me, then I got a spectrum 48k the rest was history.

Last edited:
Soldato
I can remember playing the Flimbos Quest and Terminator 2 games using a cartridge on my brothers C64. I think they were the only cartridges we had, the rest were cassettes. The whole cassette format was so bizarre thinking back now, especially the noise it made. It was also incredibly unreliable. We used to say a prayer before loading a game on it and also make our baby neice touch the tape deck for good luck. :p

Soldato
Did you know there was a commodore 64 cartridge based console too in the 90's ? I had one loved flimbos quest.

Yes but it was completely pointless if you already had a C64 because all C64 had the cartridge port since day one. So it bombed massively not to mention they didn't even bother to release many games for it anyway.

Associate
I had a C64 when I was a kid. Also had a +4 too but the spectrum was always my favourite. I've got a spectrum 128k+2 on top of the wardrobe in my spare room :)

I bought and sold a load of 8 bit and 16 bit computers on ebay years ago. There's no money in it now so I just kept the spectrum (Along with a couple of hundred games) and sold the rest.

Caporegime
Condolences for your Grandad mate.

Reminds me of a friend who lost his dad recently, along with his SLI gaming rig on his desk, up in the loft they found 3 BBC Computers, Model B, B+ 128k and a Master 512, along with an A500 Amiga, Sinclair Spectrum and QL and an Amstrad 1640 - all boxed!

He got a fair whack for them all on eBay!

Caporegime
C64 was my first :o

Spy Hunter
Moon Lander
Bubble Bobble
Midnight Resistance
Double Dragon
Dizzy (the egg dude)

All those demo tapes from Jazz 64... [edit: lol, I mean Zzap 64! How could I forget that...!]

Was a hand-me-down from my sister :p We had the tape player but not the floppy. And those exact same Cheetah joysticks :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom