The Brand New Animated Image Thread

Associate
Yes, why???

because even at a crossing you should check that the traffic is stopped before walking into a road.

not just blindly walking out on the hope that the driver has seen you.

let alone on something that they seem to have very little real control of.

you guys really had to ask?!

Soldato
because even at a crossing you should check that the traffic is stopped before walking into a road.

mmm... debateable.

They had already started crossing.

Soldato

he must have watched the beatles and thought, if its good enough for them its good enough for me!

wxeBG.gif

:p

Man of Honour
OP
EcstaticPhonyJenny.gif

Associate

My thoughts exactly.

Soldato
Its more than just that too. The highway code states that if the crossing has an island it is to be treated as two separate crossings - therefore, even if you stopped and checked at the 'first'-crossing, you still need to stop and check again at the 'second'.

Man of Honour
Even though pedestrians on the crossing have right of way, it's no excuse to not look left/right for oncming vehicles. What if it was an emergency vehicle travelling at high speed? Or a driver not paying due care and attention?

Also, note the text on the crossing "LOOK LEFT".

Just because they approached the crossing before the car came to a full stop doesn't excuse common sense :p Those kids will think it's OK to do it all the time and one day could suffer the ultimate consequence because of that example being set.

I think so, see more and more of them in the city as well. Anyway, what were you doing in Barkingside?

I was looking for your letterbox :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
They were already on the crossing when the car approached.

They were on the other crossing, but it's irrelevant anyway. They appear to be blindingly assuming the car will stop, but some cars don't stop because they aren't paying attention.

Even if the crossing had lights, you should still check and not just cross because legally you are in the right.

Soldato
I'm not so sure that quoting the rules and regs is going to help a pedestrian when there's half a ton of car rolling over them. In the end, the person who's going to come off worse in a collision has a vested interest in taking extra care.

Regardless of the rules, you'd be foolish to put your life (and that of your kids) in the hands of some random stranger driving down the road and hope they do the right thing.

Back
Top Bottom