Got rear shunted - Other person denies they did it

Soldato
His mistake was not anticipating the actions of the 7.5 tonner tbh, as a matter of routine if I'm passing a layby where it looks like a vehicle is going to exit, I pull over into lane two or back off, it's extremely unlikely the other truck just pulled straight out, it should have been apparent to an experienced driver what he could do or want to do.

Forward thinking and anticipation is essential driving most vehicles, especially a class 1 HGV, he was a noob indeed!

That's exactly what I do.

His problem has been exacerbated by the fact that the very previous day just south of this layby he got caught out in the tram tracks and side-swiped a continental wagon having a break in one of those skinny laybys. He got the Merc the day after because his was in for repair.

He wants to come off the road now and be a shunter !!

Regarding trapping the traffic... Obviously only until the police take control of the situation.

[Edit]

Face book message from my daughter just now

Wu63 00c
Langdons lorry who nearly sent me to meet your dad just now

what happened ?
I'll have a word.

Pulled out on me while I was in the fast lane. I mean seriously cut me up, ABS and everything
Trailer almost took my front end out

ok....Glad your ok
I will have a word

Ok. I don't know if was a genuine mistake, he did wave as I went passed afterwards. But even so it could have been bad
indeed.

It was Shak.. The coloured dude who lives round the corner from us

I couldn't see who it was
I thought he was white

be careful out there.

I don't want him to lose his job, but sorry isn't going to help if it was a granny who has slow reaction time (because any slower and it would've got me) and she was sent into to other lanes

Sunny day makes people even more dozy !

indeed. Well .. Scott & Dave know so I suspect they have a quiet word in his lugole

Last edited:
Caporegime
That's exactly what I do.

His problem has been exacerbated by the fact that the very previous day just south of this layby he got caught out in the tram tracks and side-swiped a continental wagon having a break in one of those skinny laybys. He got the Merc the day after because his was in for repair.

He wants to come off the road now and be a shunter !!

Regarding trapping the traffic... Obviously only until the police take control of the situation.

[Edit]

Face book message from my daughter just now

Wu63 00c
Langdons lorry who nearly sent me to meet your dad just now

what happened ?
I'll have a word.

Pulled out on me while I was in the fast lane. I mean seriously cut me up, ABS and everything
Trailer almost took my front end out

ok....Glad your ok
I will have a word

Ok. I don't know if was a genuine mistake, he did wave as I went passed afterwards. But even so it could have been bad
indeed.

It was Shak.. The coloured dude who lives round the corner from us

I couldn't see who it was
I thought he was white

be careful out there.

I don't want him to lose his job, but sorry isn't going to help if it was a granny who has slow reaction time (because any slower and it would've got me) and she was sent into to other lanes

Sunny day makes people even more dozy !

indeed. Well .. Scott & Dave know so I suspect they have a quiet word in his lugole

Blimey!

I Think he needs a career change! :eek:

Soldato
It's certainly the route I'd be taking if she refused to play ball - you never know, the Letter Before Action may scare her into admitting it (since I'm guessing if you win in court, SHE would have to pay it rather than being able to then pass it onto the insurance co?)

Soldato
OP
Good stuff and that was pretty quick. How did it come about in the end? Did she admit fault?

Nope, they have paid out on a 'without prejudice' basis.

Had it explained that they are not admitting liability, but don't want to fight it in court. The money has been recovered 100% so it won't effect my NCB.

Whether they are chasing her or anything, I don't know.

Associate
At the moment, this is merely a civil matter.

However, her lying to a judge is perjury which is a criminal matter and can involve a custodial sentence. I have yet to come across a person who still wishes to persist in a denial.

Back
Top Bottom