Pro Cycling Discussion Thread 2015

Soldato
Nibali been kicked out off tour for holding onto team car.

If you see the helicopter footage then it's understandable.

He's leading a chase group riding hard, the car comes up and he grabs on and it just flys off at 80-100kmh leaving the other riders for dust.

It's not like he was a solo rider chasing on after a mechanical when holding onto the car would be ignored, it was blatantly used to gain an advantage.

Soldato
If you see the helicopter footage then it's understandable.

He's leading a chase group riding hard, the car comes up and he grabs on and it just flys off at 80-100kmh leaving the other riders for dust.

It's not like he was a solo rider chasing on after a mechanical when holding onto the car would be ignored, it was blatantly used to gain an advantage.

Agree with this. I think it was the complete disregard of the other riders in that group!

Soldato
Imagine being behind that plonker and seeing him doing that, you would be raging.... DQ'ing him was absolutely the right thing to do in my opinion. After his nonsense throwing a bottle at Froome in the tour and his disgusting attitude in general, plus that disgrace of a team he rides for I have no sympathy for the man and find it pretty great he is chucked out.

Soldato
OP
I read this last night ( about nibbles DQ) and I was a bit ****ed but seeing the footage its about as blatant as it gets. Short of getting off his bike and into the car there isn't much more he could have done to **** off the commissaire. The fact that they had the bottle to DQ him was admirable, because he is such a big name and likely to be a key figure in the race.

On a more positive note, have you ever seen a bigger smile on a stage winners face. that kid (Chavez)was superb yesterday. Looks like he just loves riding his bike!

Soldato

He was a solo rider chasing back on after a crash. The others trying to stay on his wheel are not chasing - they have been dropped on the climb.

I dont think he should have been thrown out, this sort of thing happens all the time.

Soldato
He was a solo rider chasing back on after a crash. The others trying to stay on his wheel are not chasing - they have been dropped on the climb.

I dont think he should have been thrown out, this sort of thing happens all the time.

Agreed, it does seem a bit harsh. Hilarious though that Nibali poked fun at Froome during the Tour for getting thrown out of the 2010 Giro for doing the same thing. :D

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
You can see them all slow right down when the Astana car goes past. I don't think Nibali and the car look like they particularly accelerate off, it looks more like the group of riders behind Nibali seem to slow right down. You can see them all go from going quite fast in single file to bunching up past the guy at the front like he's hit the brakes or something? Most strange.

Yeah, bit cheeky of Nibali to hang on the car like that when he ought to know better. But I think it's a bit harsh to kick him out the whole tour.

Back
Top Bottom